Managing OneDrive on the Surface

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro 3' started by BillJ, Jul 27, 2014.

1. BillJ

BillJ Active Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    What is the best way to manage files and folders in OneDrive?
    Specifically, how do you upload multiple folders with subfolders?
    Does the feature "online/offline only" work for you consistently?

It does get confusing with multiple areas to access settings for OneDrive, multiple versions to access, and multiple ways to access all of the above.

2. kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    (1) I usually use File Explorer to manage my OneDrive folder. However, sometimes (often) when I access files/ documents, I do so using the Modern UI app. It's feels more convenient.

(2) I usually right-click the folder (may contain sub-folders), copy, and paste into the OneDrive folder which I access using File Explorer.

(3) I have my SP3 set to save all documents to OneDrive automatically. But I have also made my entire OneDrive folder to be accessible off-line. This can be done through the Charms menu> PC Settings> OneDrive. This results in a largish folder which I have saved on my MicroSD card (there is a quick and easy way to do this - if you are interested search the forums/ online for "moving OneDrive to SD card" or something to that effect.

3. cdf3

cdf3 Active Member

I'd like to be able to load folders and subfolders to my OneDrive account via a web browser. This works fine if I copy them to the OneDrive folder on my computer, but this doesn't work if I'm trying to upload folders and subfolders from my work computer (which doesn't have the OneDrive app installed on it).