What's new

Poll Manufacturing Defect (Screen). Anyone else?

Is the screen of your Surface Pro 3 flush with the housing all the way around?

• Total voters
OP
J

jimizzle

Just got my 3rd SP3. Same defect again! I ordered an i7 (with a £100 discount because of all the hassle) to see if getting a different model would help. It's a little less pronounced this time so I think I'm going to just keep it and maybe swap it out under warranty when I'm less busy.

I shouldn't need Microsoft Complete for them to exchange it for me hopefully...

drsqueggy

Mines bulging at the top by the camera! The screen is clearly overlapping the casing. Also, when you look down the Surface the actual casing appears to have a slight bend in it, the whole top edge of the device is arced, the bottom however, is completely straight. I've only really noticed this today, when stumbling across this thread. I've been unhappy with the build quality of the device since day 1 to be honest, the second I turned the device on I noticed a dead pixel in the top right of the screen. The build quality of my original Surface Pro is a lot better than the 3.

Tyler Robinson

I don't think it's worth the hassle. Yeah, when I look at it at multiple angles and run my finger across it, I guess it is kind off, but does it really matter? Does it impact functionality? We don't even know if it is done on "purpose" to allow room for a component.

I feel bad for you if you look at every product you buy THAT closely. You must go through a lot of exchanges/replacements.

Does it really matter? Because it sounds like you're spending more time exchanging then enjoying a great product.