What's new

Microsoft Confirms They Will Stop Making Surface 2 Tablet

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Surface-2-white.png

During Microsoft's earnings conference call on Monday, they shared that Surface 2 sales were off the mark, and that they have stopped manufacturing the tablet. This leaves the future of the Surface RT OS in jeopardy. Of course, with Microsoft's renewed focus on Windows 10 and their intent to make it the sole OS of all of their devices, it would not be surprising to see the Surface RT OS die out.

Sadly, Microsoft also confirmed that the Surface RT and Surface 2 devices will not get the full version of Windows 10. Instead, they will receive updates which will include a few of the same features found in Windows 10. It now appears that not only have they abandoned the Surface Mini, but will likely let go of the Surface 2 as well.

Source: http://microsoft-news.com/microsoft.../microsoft-surface-sales-2015-1#ixzz3Q5xGjfCn

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wrong grammatical tense... they already stopped making the Surface 2.

That reminds me of gong to the doctor.
I said doc I'm having this recurring dream about wigwams and teepees, what's it mean?
Doc said, you're too tense. :)

SEANT

I imagine there is some poor bastard at Delta airlines that has some major regrets.

From a credibility standpoint, I can't see how Microsoft can afford to drop the line (actually, I can, and they probably will). This decision will definitely affect any chance they have of windows phone, or whatever it's to be called, becoming viable.

Does make more sense out of their recent Cyanogen investment.