Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro 4' started by wynand32, Feb 17, 2016.
Okay, the 2/17/2016 firmware is out. Fingers crossed that it fixes something.
Installed and running fine so far, includes new video driver....184.108.40.20664
Pretty huge update.
Came in two batches for me.....
Update: The update spontaneously installed. Strange but just glad it worked.
Didn't take for me. Tried 4 times. The update downloads and reboots but when it reboots, Windows reports that the update failed. I look into the device manager and 3 things show the warning icon: Surface Management Engine, Surface System Aggregateor, Surface UEFI. I looked at the events logs and it reports "Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x8024CE0E: Microsoft driver update for Surface System Aggregator Firmware.". The error's details say "This device cannot work properly until you restart your computer. (Code 14) Click Restart Computer to restart your computer." However I've rebooted a bunch of times and no luck. Rolled back driver and tried again, no luck.
I'm on Intel video driver 220.127.116.1164. I had installed the non-official Intel Video drivers but uninstalled them and tried the update again. No luck. I'm plugged in, no programs are running. Not sure.
I've only had the Surface for 3 days, frustrating.
Worked on my SP4. Sleep wake seems to be working reliably after some limited tested. Docking/un-docked from the Surface Dock while alive seems to be much smoother too. Time will tell if this fixes everything. Hopefully the SB and SP4 can now get on with being the awesome products they really should be.
From Panos Panay on the updates:
An update on Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book
Seems to work fine for me so far on Core i5, 8 GB, 256 GB. Idle clockspeed was pretty high for the first hour or so after updating but now it has settled back down to < 1 GHz with just iTunes and Chrome running. It'll be interesting to see if this will affect the already pretty good battery life that I had.
Mine took three batches.
For my very first informal test, closed my Type Cover about an hour ago. Normally it wouldn't sleep and I'd wake up with 6-7% or more battery life burned. This time it was clearly in a sleep state, and it burned 1% battery life. So, that's a huge positive over what I'd been experiencing previously.
I'm actually having the reverse happen: previously, sleep was mostly fine but, on the first sleep I put it into, it burned 25% of my battery in just under an hour which is the worst sleep drain I have ever experienced.
I lost 1% of Battery in my first sleep which was about 1.75 hours, Hibernate is set at 120 minutes by default.