What's new

Old Games forced to go Widescreen

GaijinSoup

I have been playing old games on my desktop PC running windows 7 for years and when I play the games they have always played in the correct aspect ratio - with the black bars on the side to make the screen more like a square. When I first tried to play them on my Surface pro 2, they ran in the correct aspect ratio, but after playing it a few times, the surface pro begins to start stretching the image into widescreen - even though I didn't change the screen resolution on my tablet. And not just the game that I got done playing, but it starts to force all of my games to run at widescreen.

The only thing that I can think of that after playing a game, it leaves the desktop in the game's resolution that I have to manually go change - is it possible that windows is somehow thinking that I am trying to tell it to run the program in the resolution that I am switching it back to?

Extra info:
I tried restoring my surface, which corrected the problem for a couple times of playing, but the problem returned.

I have already tried opening it in compatibility mode, as well as the checking the boxes for "run in 640 x 480 screen resolution" and "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings"

I also tried running it as administrator (not that I have any idea what that option does...)

Any help would be greatly appreciated :cool2: