What's new

Pen Tab Location?

So since the SP3 Type Cover comes with the Pen tab separate and able to be placed anywhere i wanted to poll the field to see where you put it and if you believe you should have put it somewhere else now that you have been using the device. i put mine on the left side where all the marketing pictures show it. i ordered a couple of extras from the MS store and am considering another placement.

BillJ

I don't use the loop at all; it just seems a bit unsightly. I have a low-weight neoprene sleeve for my SP3 that has a handy pen holder for when I take my device out of the office (Metric USA). I keep the pen on the magnet on the right side of the tablet when at the desk. I put the pen in my pocket if I take the Surface from room to room.

The only time I could not find the pen was after my wife went through my office and decided that it needed to be straightened up. Perhaps in addition to the Bluetooth tip they could add a GPS locator on the pen for such instances.

If I had to vote for "pen holder in the device" vs. "thinner, lighter device" I would choose the latter.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I have it on the left side of the keyboard (when I face it, or at the top in Portrait Mode if the Windows Button is at the bottom).

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I use my Pen all the time, and very often I carry just my SP3 with me so I want my Pen there all the time....

malberttoo

I think a cool idea for the SP4, would be to have some kind of thin "slots", like what your SIM card slides into on your cell phone, and maybe even built into the perimeter venting channel somehow, that a special pen loop could firmly attach into. There would be a slot on all 4 sides of the SP4. The loop would attach/slide into the slot firmly enough that it wouldn't easily come out, but at the same time, you could still get it out with some effort. By this method, you could attach the pen loop to whichever side of the SP4 you wanted, and could change sides whenever the need arose.