What's new

Powerbank

OP
P

Pauln

I order a cable and this powerbank. I let you now how its works.
Thank you for your response.

OP
P

Pauln

Cable and Anker received. When I put them on my Surface I don't see that he is loading. The battery only goes further down?

Does anyone know what I should do?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
With that battery, i'm away from mine at present so can't double check, but I seem to recall that you have to press the silver button on the battery (next to the LED lights on the front) to start it charging a device, and also make sure that you have the correct DC output selected

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Please update this thread in a week or so once you've had some experience with the cable you bought (and if you could post a link to the cable you bought that would be great :) )

I don't actually have a cable for my SP3 yet as I've been told lots of horror stories about 3rd party cables for the SP1/2 and as such have held off on a 3rd party for the surface until I see enough positive feedback about them, by which I mean something more than an amazon review where chances are the reviewer has not used the item for more than a day

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
So you are still charging through the regular power port not the USB port, correct?

You cannot charge through USB so far as I know. This charges the tablet exactly as you would normally charge it, except the cable doesn't connect to the peer brick but a battery. This is why you must buy a battery with a 12v DC output and buy a sp3 dc cable (which for some reason MS do not want to manufacture, strangely. Yoda have thought they want people to find the surface pro 3 as versatile as possible, not lock you in with proprietary hardware :( )

spleenmuncha

I received the above products today. First impressions are good. It should solve my long-flight problems. It seems to charge at about 30-35% per hour, so maybe 3 hours to fully charge.
I didn't need to use any of the adapters, the cable just plugged directly into the Power Bank and surface Pro 3.

It's not small though.
33w4g43.jpg