What's new

Problem ordering the S3 Power Supply in the UK

davehutch

We ordered one from the MS Store but when it arrived, it wasn't like the one in the picture.
MS Store was utterly useless at trying to resolve the issue, so we also had a look in John Lewis. Same there too.
Is the one in the picture available anywhere? It shows a 2nd USB port on the brick, for charging a 2nd device:

Buy the Surface 3 Power Supply - Microsoft Store United Kingdom Online Store

en-EMEA-L-Themis-PSU-3YY-00010-RM1-mnco.jpg

Zippy0n

To be fair at first thought i thought you may have got mixed up with the pro 3. But indeed the picture does show a "brick" with a usb charger slot. Very strange. Did you want this assuming you could charge a second device at the same time?

OP
D

davehutch

To be fair at first thought i thought you may have got mixed up with the pro 3. But indeed the picture does show a "brick" with a usb charger slot. Very strange. Did you want this assuming you could charge a second device at the same time?

Exactly. Also because it looks to be higher quality then the standard one

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is interesting. Looks to be a brand new power adaptor unless they fudged the description and pictures. This is the first time i've seen this, however i'm not entirely surprised as the power plug has been a major point of dissatisfaction from colleagues with the S3. If i were invested in my S3, i'd definately buy that to replace the stock model, and would be a little peeved if i just received the stock adaptor.