What's new

Should I Wait For The SP4

macmee

I got a sp3 and will likely also get a sp4. Sure I'll lose money in the end but I use my sp3 every day.

Last edited:

InspectHerGadget

I got a sp3 and will likely also get a sp2. Sure I'll lose money in the end but I use my sp3 every day.
I'm curious. If you use your SP3 every day, how often would that leave you to use an SP2 and what would be the point in buying one?

I say skip broadwell, don't worry about its release at all....
Wait for skylark, or skylake or whatever. That will be out in a year, enjoy the already amazing sp3 until then, after that sell it and trade up... I've been doing that with Apple for years.

One reason is Apple products hold their value so selling second hand is easy and you can get a good price. This hasn't been the case with the Surface products so far and for that matter anything that isn't Apple once a new product has been released.

I will wait a year now that I've got the SP3 but I expect to only get 1/3 to 1/2 my money back at that time, if values of the SP2 are anything to go by.

macmee

I'm curious. If you use your SP3 every day, how often would that leave you to use an SP2 and what would be the point in buying one?

One reason is Apple products hold their value so selling second hand is easy and you can get a good price. This hasn't been the case with the Surface products so far and for that matter anything that isn't Apple once a new product has been released.

I will wait a year now that I've got the SP3 but I expect to only get 1/3 to 1/2 my money back at that time, if values of the SP2 are anything to go by.

I meant to say SP4. I did have a SP2 previously. I find the SP3 to be better in every way other than cooling.

Agave Azul

Okay that's fine. The OP specifically mentioned a silo.

I agree with you that some other means of directly attaching the pen TO the Surface, should be a definite feature on the SP4. I'm getting tired of keeping track of my pen.

I never cared for the way they did it on the SP1/SP2 though. The pen got knocked off too easily.

I never use my SP2 that hard to the pointe where the pen falls off of the side.
Not sure I agree with you but I generally understand your pointe...

kwright

Anyone ever seen a carpenter's pencil? It is rectangular in cross section, easy to grip and would be a perfect "fit" for the Pro 4.