What's new

Slow search function

I recently purchased a i5 128 SP3. I saved a file that for the life of me I could not locate. When I went to explorer and typed in the file name in the search window (entire PC), it literally took over a minute to find the file. I don't have much on it except for the native program files. Compared to my MB Air 2011 i7, the SP3 is very slow. Should I exchange for the i7 SP3 or is there a better way to search that I need to be trained on? Thank you.

OP
D

doublestack1

I recently purchased a i5 128 SP3. I saved a file that for the life of me I could not locate. When I went to explorer and typed in the file name in the search window (entire PC), it literally took over a minute to find the file. I don't have much on it except for the native program files. Compared to my MB Air 2011 i7, the SP3 is very slow. Should I exchange for the i7 SP3 or is there a better way to search that I need to be trained on? Thank you.

Actually I just went to the home screen and tried the search again. Much faster. All I did was start typing and Bam, there is was. I feel better.