What's new

So...has the SP3 replaced your laptop?

Feoen

I haven't owned a true laptop in years. My first laptop was a Compaq that ran Windows Millennium (LOL). Then I owned an EEE PC 1000H which was an excellent little netbook but it got too slow. Then I got an Asus Transformer TF101 that ran Android. That plus the keyboard dock was an incredible computer, but the battery died in both the dock and tablet (and I user replaced, and it died again) and it has been showing its age being unable to run newer apps...

Finally upgraded to SP3. I bring this around with me everywhere I go. It's light, it handles everything for me, and my god is it powerful. No more opening the screen and waiting 2 minutes for it to get to my desktop and then waiting another few minutes for OneNote to open (EEE PC). No more "This application has stopped working" as I tried to find some option in Android office software for changing document margins (hint: the option didn't exist).

SP3 is not a "jack of all trades, master of none." It is simply a jack of all trades. It is a swiss army knife. Or, my favorite metaphor, it is a bento box with some truly gourmet teriyaki, tempura, and sushi.

I've owned the SP3 since the day after launch, and it has yet to let me down. I love this thing and it is now my primary workstation.

Tom

Not for me, yet,mainly because my main work laptop has 600 GB of files and data. If I can separate that into primary and secondary data, I probably could.

tuchas

Not yet, but getting there. Haven't booted up my MBP in a few days and I'm starting to forget it's sitting off on the side of my desk.

MadCruzer

My SP1 was working quickly on replacing all notebooks and laptops. The Sp3 is here and the process is complete. I am returning from vacation on Monday. My 15" HP Elite Book workstation will now permanently live in it's dock on my desk in the office. The SP3 will be what I carry now. If I need to get to my laptop I can, but I am also going to transition to OneDrive as much as I can. I am tired of lugging 8+ pounds of laptop.

Shawn Alfenito

Yes, and I am a power user and an Apple/Mac guy! I had the SP1 but could not stand using it as a laptop. The whole lap thing, and the aspect ration was so cramped. Performance was always great and I painted with it while on the go a lot. The SP3 however, is almost perfect! So awesome to use on your lap now. The new kickstand positions and the magnet attached to the screen make it so stable. The aspect ratio is great. The battery life is pretty fantastic and the Ntrig pen is actually awesome. Couldn't be happier with this upgrade.

jedge

Laptop, yes. But then i was using an old Vista tablet convertible anyway, so no surprise.

Desktop, i just rearranged my bedroom so my SP3 is now hooked up to my 24" and primary mouse/kbd. So i'll give it a try. The old Dell XPS is still nearby and quickly available via Splashtop. So far Win8.1 with kbd/mouse is very usable. I'm impressed.

Tablet (iPad), no.
1. I let my nieces and nephews play with my iPad... not gonna happen with my SP3.
2. The iPad was relatively cheap and a couple years old. I don't mind taking it to the park/outdoors, whereas i'm still babying my SP3.

ipaq_101

The SP3 has become my DD, my old Dell XPS 15z (which is still a good machine) has been demoted to TV duties.