What's new

SP2 not boot (UEFI)

Tahakaro

Hello!
I bought my parents a present surface. and so it turned out that the tablet is unfortunately not earned.
Here's how it looks:

KhukXSJ.jpg

ByMMHvI.jpg

I know that you say: "download a recovery image from the official site"
but I cant
hGVQaOu.png

Please help.
Tried chkdsk /f (and r) - x
Repair Windows - x
Repair Device - x
bootrec /scanos - x
bootrec / fixxbr - x

try change UEFI settings - same : (
Microsoft Help could not help.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The Red Screen is typically a Secure Boot Issue, try loaded the default keys from UEFI.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry...that part of the video was hard to see...

If you tried to download a recovery image that was different from what shipped on your SP3 you will get that error.

You can download a Windows 10 Pro ISO and Download the Driver Pack .msi and get to the same level.

OP
T

Tahakaro

You can download a Windows 10 Pro ISO and Download the Driver Pack .msi and get to the same level.

I downloaded the driver package and I did not help installing a new version. Loading system is rare. mainly or boot error or constant load UEFI. Why does he always loaded, I do not know.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I downloaded the driver package and I did not help installing a new version. Loading system is rare. mainly or boot error or constant load UEFI. Why does he always loaded, I do not know.
You will need to download the Windows 10 Pro ISO on another computer, you can use the tool at this link:

Windows 10

Use the tool to create the USB Media.

The Driver Package is for post install...

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
But the problem is not to install the system.
Problem - loop boot UEFI. like this
That is an SP3...but OK

On your video, it goes to recovery, but is unable to recover due to an error. So you need Boot Media to recover (hence creating the Windows Boot USB Device).

If it only goes to UEFI, that is indicative of a Hardware failure....