What's new

SP3 Dock - payment to MS is pending on CC

OP
G

glr

Please, do not forget to report back about your experiences with this accessory.

Will do although I expect it to be even better then the SP2 dock which really couldn't have been easier to use itself. Load it in the cradle, close the sides and everything is connected within a few seconds.

Kif

I ordered mine from Best Buy because I had some Best Buy bucks to use. I haven't seen any movement yet. :(

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I have a couple SP3 docks on order, too. I really liked the way the SP2 dock allowed the keyboard to be flipped up, saving desk space and giving a tidy appearance. Plus, all connections are aligned and made simultaneously without the wear or strain made with hand-held connectors or plugs, such as USB.
Glad to see a similar design with the SP3 dock.

bluegrass

I've installed a lot of docks where I work and Microsoft's first dock's design stood way above all the other ones I've installed at work. From the specs and photos, I expect the SP3 dock to even be better than the first dock they made. I'm hoping mine gets here on Friday. That crazy GreyFox7 about you CC company saying that the Microsoft online store was fraudulent. That's were I ordered mine. Did you just receive that notification?

Last edited:

Zog1971

I've been checking the MS store hoping to see that my dock has a tracking number, but alas, not yet. I'm so looking forward to using it. I had been using a usb/ethernet hub and plugging in speakers and monitor to my SP1. It was very annoying to plug and unplug everything and I believe sometimes hindered me from using the SP1 in bed or on the couch because I didn't feel like unhooking everything. Plus, I can keep the power cable in my backpack along with the usb hub for use on the go. I think this is going to be worth every cent. Ordered it with my student discount on my states tax free weekend so feel it was a nice deal. I'll definitely report my experience once it is received. Also, let us know if you have ordered yours and have been able to confirm shipping info. Thanks all! :)

wynand32

I'm jealous. :) Can't afford it myself, and really don't have much use for it (I have a desktop that serves my stationary needs), but it definitely is a good looking accessory.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've been checking the MS store hoping to see that my dock has a tracking number, but alas, not yet. I'm so looking forward to using it. I had been using a usb/ethernet hub and plugging in speakers and monitor to my SP1. It was very annoying to plug and unplug everything and I believe sometimes hindered me from using the SP1 in bed or on the couch because I didn't feel like unhooking everything. Plus, I can keep the power cable in my backpack along with the usb hub for use on the go. I think this is going to be worth every cent. Ordered it with my student discount on my states tax free weekend so feel it was a nice deal. I'll definitely report my experience once it is received. Also, let us know if you have ordered yours and have been able to confirm shipping info. Thanks all! :)
Btw, off topic - there's a user that needs your input over here >
http://www.surfaceforums.net/threads/surface-pro-user-thinking-about-surface-pro-3.10414/

DanL

My credit card company rejected my Microsoft Store purchase and sent a fraud alert. :)

Seems like this has happened a few times now to different members. When I had my SP2 I ordered some accessories from the MS store and it went through but I got a call asking me to verify I made the order. I think it has something to do with the billing coming from another country. They must have a billing center outside the USA.