What's new

SP3 Dock - payment to MS is pending on CC

DanL

I ordered mine from Best Buy because I had some Best Buy bucks to use. I haven't seen any movement yet. :(

BB usually doesn't show much activity. It just suddenly shows up. I ordered mine from there and expect to see it on release day, same as my SP3. It just showed up on the release date.

Reactions: Kif

daveyp

i'll pick it up when its $129 or less. its a nice accessory but i feel its little more than a pretty usb hub.

Zog1971

Got my tracking number! :) It doesn't give any detailed info on the ups website yet. But, I'm stoked!!! It is enroute! :)

Zog1971

I ordered mine from MSstore online, so to clarify, I went to microsoftstore.com and logged into my account to see that it had the tracking number now. It has only said "backordered" until an hour or so ago. I now have the ability to track the ups shipment. They are on their way, my loves! :)

mcsenerd

Mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow too... I'm so ready to get it hooked up at the office!

i'll pick it up when its $129 or less. its a nice accessory but i feel its little more than a pretty usb hub.

The SP3 dock is NOT a USB hub. I'm not even going to go into all the reasons as to why it's not, as you're free to do your own research, but to say it's anything like a USB hub is just an outright lie.

Zog1971

Mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow too... I'm so ready to get it hooked up at the office!

The SP3 dock is NOT a USB hub. I'm not even going to go into all the reasons as to why it's not, as you're free to do your own research, but to say it's anything like a USB hub is just an outright lie.
Agreed, it is so much more. I spent a semester of school coming home each night and hooking up my SP1 to a usb hub, my monitors and speakers, and plugging it in with its power cable. Granted, I only spent about 45 dollars for the usb/ethernet hub and dvi cable, but the inconvenience of daily hooking and unhooking cables, hooking up the power cable and then having to disconnect it all to go back into my backpack, really got to be a pain and hindered me from unhooking once hooked up for casual use. After using the cheaper alternative, I am very excited to have the opportunity to use the new dock. :) As I'm writing this I DO realize how petty having to hook/unhook cables may be for some and in that case I recommend you go with the cheaper alternative as I have tried. This was definitely a WANT and not a NEED, but am looking forward to the ease of it very much. :)

daveyp

I said I think it is little more than a usb hub. There's only a couple things the dock can accomplish that a $40 usb/ethernet hub cannot. If the charger for the dock was compatible with the surface that would mean something, but it's not.