I bought my SP3 on September 4th 2014 from Best Buy locally. Bought MS Complete Care for it through the online MS store on September 7th 2014. In April 2015 the SP3 died - most likely cause was a bricked SSD. Anyway, discussed with MS and they exchanged it. Been using the replacement until I got my Surface Book a few weeks ago. My wife wanted the SP3 so I wiped it and installed W10 along with the updates and some other software she would need. This was a process of a week as I migrated my stuff to my SB from the SP3. Finally finished and left the SP3 in its dock but shut it down. Couple days later I turned it on. Finally noticed the SP3 type cover, which I bought new with the SP3 last year, wasn't working. Checked the usual things, cleaned contacts, detached/reattached etc. No input at all from the type cover would register. Checked Device Manager, no Surface type cover showing. Finally took it to Best Buy and tried two of their type covers that were attached to working SP3/4's. None would work, but they both worked fine with the other SP's. Took mine home and reset it. Still will not show up in Device Manager or provide input to the SP3. SP3 will show a wireless keyboard just fine. Called MS & told them what was going on. They couldn't seem to find my Complete Care. Went through a bunch of information with them. Then they glommed onto the fact that my misfiring SP3 was a replacement for the one I purchased new. They did some more checking and, it appeared, they found something to indicate I did have Complete Care. I got lost in what occurred after that, but to shorten the tale they wanted me to provide a receipt for the Complete Care purchase. Strangely enough I really didn't have one. This has been over a year ago so I didn't have any email MS might have sent me about the purchase. Normally I would keep something like that as proof of purchase, but for some reason I didn't and my old email (if they sent one) was long gone. I went through a lot of paper to find a printed receipt from their web page, but what I found was merely a notation of mine on paper of the amount, date, payee as MSFT, and their order or purchase number. This tells me that for some reason I couldn't print a receipt from the web page after making the purchase so I just wrote down the pertinent information from their website should I need it. I sent MS the information I found. They apparently weren't able to find what they needed even with the date of sale, the amount and their (order, sale, tracking, whatever) number they provided when I bought MS Complete Care. They wanted something from my bank to show that amount was paid to MS. I'm in the process of getting an old statement from my bank showing that payment cleared my account. I'm to email it to them and then they will escalate the whole matter to someone higher up to sort it out. I have to wonder why they are unable to pull up a purchase from September 2014 using my name, serial number of the SP3, serial number of the type cover, amount of purchase, date of purchase and their order number for the purchase. My bank statement will just show a payment to MSFT and when. I'm used to the world being less than a pleasant place, but I have to shake my head that MS can't seem to find information on a Complete Care policy I purchased after giving them everything they would need except a copy of an email. I find it disturbing that I have all this information to include their own order number yet they think a copy of my bank record to show a payment to them cleared my bank is going to make all the difference. I'll report back as to the final outcome, but by the time I get the bank statement, email it to them, they escalate it and someone actually looks into all this, it may be spring.