What's new

SP3 will not update nor find updates?!?!

SeanP

The saga continues. After experiencing issues with battery life, I decided to reboot my SP3 from scratch, and "start over".

That seemed to work for battery life.

Yesterday, all the updates were pushed through...67 of them. I downloaded them all, all updates went through, no issues.

Today, I open up SP3 from "sleep" state and it's a black screen with cursor on it. I push button to shut down, and the window drops down from top asking if I want to shut down.

I comply, drag down, and it goes into this endless loop of asking me over and over again.

I decided to hold power button and up on volume, boot into recovery, and finally, it works.

Now, for some reason, when I go to update screen, thinking I might still have some out there, I get this unending loop of it searching for updates. 2 hours straight of nothing but this loop..Screen shot attached.

Don't know what to do but ever since the last Firmware Update came through, I've experienced nothing but issue after issue with this damned thing.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    18.1 KB · Views: 592

ptrkhh

If I were you, I would just completely reset Windows Update
you can find it in google, just type "reset windows update". The article in sevenforums provides a great explanation and ready-to-run script