What's new

Surface pro with actual cellular?

VickiFL

There are many days I want cell service on my SP3. But shortly after that thought, I remember that I can turn on my iPhone hotspot.

That is exactly what I do! I just use my new Nokia 1520 as a wifi hotspot so I can always be online whenever I want. I did it today while eating lunch at Whole Foods. I could have used their free wifi, but I felt safer using my own phone.

ctitanic

You can place calls from your Surface Pro 3 using Google Voice. You don't need to convert your Surface in a Phone.

Personally having the option I always pick not to have a cell connection in my Tablet because that means another Data plan to pay. Right now I'm paying only one Data Plan that I can share with my SP3 if I want.

toaf

i would find it fun to feel the warmth of my surface next to my face when i call my wife. i would find myself answering the phone like this "hello, banana phone" then i would have to get a holdster for it. now i know my lifes goal... to make that happen. i will try google voice while hot spotted

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
i would find it fun to feel the warmth of my surface next to my face when i call my wife. i would find myself answering the phone like this "hello, banana phone" then i would have to get a holdster for it. now i know my lifes goal... to make that happen. i will try google voice while hot spotted
Skype!

kristalsoldier

You can place calls from your Surface Pro 3 using Google Voice. You don't need to convert your Surface in a Phone.

Personally having the option I always pick not to have a cell connection in my Tablet because that means another Data plan to pay. Right now I'm paying only one Data Plan that I can share with my SP3 if I want.

This Google Voice is restricted to the US, isn't it?

kundas1

funny that OP is saying this, as I was just talking to my GF not too long ago when she was visiting family in another country via Skype from my tablet because I have 2 years free calling land lines, and I have my galaxy note 2 tethered to my SP3 and using my BT headset and thinking this is so cool! and she thought that this was the coolest thing since sliced bread! lol so imagine this... I'm riding my bike on a nice sunny day in the park and my Skype starts ringing that familiar ring and so I pull over and sit on the grass and answer the call, looking over the nice lake and having a pleasant convo with my luv... just like she was still at home... aahh doesn't get better than this :D lol