What's new

The time is now

I looked at the manual install package and it looks like a huge pain... There is an /exe installer for the GPU driver but everything else is naked files. It'd be an hour of dancing with the Device Manager to install all that, and if order matters... I'll wait until it appears in Windows Update.

I did try the Windows Update Troubleshooter, which said it found and fixed some problems... but that did not make the package appear. It did, however, present me with Windows Defender definitions for a second time.

SteveSAPA

Reading the firmware notes its meant to help with the crashing in sleep. Crashed from sleep aready for me, and the top power button on mine now makes it now turn of and restarts if push it again but is set to goes to sleep :confused:. No fix here for me :c

Same thing happened to me with the power button. Mine is set to sleep but it mine turns off & then restarts when i push the power button.
Any ideas how to fix?

I do feel like there is a reduction in brightness setting available now. Basically, I see more stepping when adjusting the screen brightness.

I have a test program to check this, but I need a person WITHOUT this firmware upgrade to give it go, so that I can compare with my side.
Anyone has a moment?

Same Issue - severe pixilation and poor gradient rendering after the Intel driver update was applied! Anyone have a fix? My background looks like crap now.

GoodBytes

Same Issue - severe pixilation and poor gradient rendering after the Intel driver update was applied! Anyone have a fix? My background looks like crap now.

No I am talking about that. It's really like instead of having lets, say for example for simplicity sakes, 5 brightness levels, you have 3 (min, medium, max), but not that bad, more like passing from 95-98ish, to 60.

But, yes, to fix your and my issue, is to install the latest Intel Drivers from Intel website.
As for your issue, you need to open the Intel Control Panel, go under "Power", then on: "On battery" and disable: "Display Power Saving Technology", hit Apply.
Your problem should be solved, if not, restart, and it should be fixed.

I am looking into a way to fix this, for Surface Tweak Tool.

Last edited:

pwetzil

Same thing happened to me with the power button. Mine is set to sleep but it mine turns off & then restarts when i push the power button.
Any ideas how to fix?

Seems to be okay now, I did set it to shut down and then restarted and set it back to sleep, not sure if that did anything or it just needs a restart. The sleep on screen charm option that was crashing waking up for me again seems better after a few restarts. Feeling it's still not 100% stable and don't trust it not doing it again, but haven't had a crash on the sleep timer since the update for awhile, although I haven't given it chance to go into hibernation to wake it from that state yet.