What's new

Top new PC and Console Game Prey Plays Great on Surface Pro 4

Maura

Look how well Prey runs on a Surface Pro 4.JPG

As we know from many of our own forum members, gaming on Surface is much more popular than some people might realise. A new article by Kotaku’s Nathan Grayson, entitled “Prey Runs Remarkably Well on My Wimpy Microsoft Surface Tablet,” illustrates this perfectly.

Grayson decided to try playing Bethesda’s newly released Prey blockbuster on his Surface Pro 4, which has 4GB of RAM and an integrated Intel graphics card.

“Now, my Surface isn’t a horrible machine by any means, but it’s definitely not made to run brand new triple-A games," he said. "I wasn’t expecting much. And yet: It works! It’s playable! I can make phantoms go boom!”

Grayson goes on to say that when playing Prey on his Surface Pro 4 he gets approximately 40 FPS in smaller areas in the game, 30 FPS in the majority of the game, and 20-25 FPS in bigger areas with more enemies and sophisticated lighting effects.

Bear in mind that Grayson is getting these results with just 4GB of RAM and integrated Intel graphics despite the fact that Steam lists Prey’s minimum processor requirements as Intel i5-240, minimum memory requirements as 8 GB of RAM, and minimum graphics requirements of a GTX 660 2GB or AMD Radeon 7850 2GB. Just goes to show it’s always worth being a little bold with your Surface gaming!

Source: http://kotaku.com/prey-runs-remarkably-well-on-my-wimpy-microsoft-surface-1795098290