What's new

touch cover peeling at seam

whyjoe

It really does show much the media smells blood when they think of Microsoft. I cannot imagine Microsoft having a better response on this issue-- they admitted there was a problem, unlike Apple who would have stonewalled. They exchanged the covers and the reps always assured me if it happens again it'll be covered under warranty. My new cover hasn't had any issues. Oh, and no one told me that I was holding anything wrong.

Earlier I was going to post my thoughts about the Surface screen vs the high-dpi screen in my Lumia 920. But I think I'll just shut up.

JVB

I just replaced mine because of the same issue. Best thing was the fact that I was able to replace it with the Type cover by paying the difference. My Touch cover was part of the bundle I bought at launch. So they had to do an exchange instead of replacing the whole bundle.

beman39

ahahaha I can't believe how this was blown out of proportion by some sites! and reading some of the comments were just downright sad and ignorant! some places were writing articles about how bad the MS Surface quality was because the Microsoft logo rubbed off a bit...REAAAAALY? that makes a product poor quality? OMG, please give me a break, you can really tell who is the crapple fanboys are and how insecure they are when a GREAT device is made by how much they try to bash it and make up stories of how slow it is and other nonsense they spew! makes me laugh and frustrates me to no end at the same time!

Last edited:

Telstar1948

For those of you old enough to remember the phrase, Yellow Journalism, you can see through some of the self-serving blogs by tech writers that Yellow Journalism is alive and well despite the dramatic changes from then to now.