What's new

turn entire touchscreen into giant trackpad and use surface like a big gameboy

macmee

I like to hold my surface like a gameboy in landscape when I'm laying down, as resting it on my chest and using it is immensely uncomfortable for me and gives me a headache.

I use this app

TouchMousePointer - virtual touchpad (on-screen mouse)

Which turns the entire screen into a trackpad, which in conjunction with the thumb keyboard makes the device very enjoyable to use in this holding configuration.

DNP

That looks really interesting (and I'm assuming no issues exist that would permanently scramble any of the original touch settings). So, I wonder why something similar wasn't designed into the existing interface? Think I'll give it shot.

Thanks for the info!

David

beq

I agree, and also have the TouchMousePointer icon always sitting next to the touch keyboard icon on the taskbar, on all our SP2's.

Later versions have also added some gesture support (though not as complete as TouchMe).

When not using Fullscreen mode, I use Float mode, but position the virtual touchpad toward the top-right corner of the screen, so that when I bring up the touch keyboard it doesn't hide the touchpad. After I get the right position in Float mode, I then disable the move/resize pad function so I don't accidentally change it up.

The Side mode can also be useful when you don't want the Float touchpad to obscure anything on the screen.

I also like to show the extra Ctrl/Shift/Alt keys in Float/Side mode (but leave Fullscreen mode as all pad). Because the default touch keyboard layout doesn't seem to offer Alt, or allow using Ctrl/Shift with some keys (unless you add the standard keyboard layout in PC Settings).

Anyways, certainly a lot of features (especially after donation unlock), makes me wish the author has an English helper to document everything.

See also: http://www.surfaceforums.net/forum/...ter-emulate-touchpad-touchscreen-devices.html