What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchellvii

What's funny is that after all the work and "innovation" it seems like Windows 10 is basically going to be Windows 7 2015 with the occasional hat tip to what worked in W8.

"Let's take Windows 7, make it faster and prettier and throw some tiles in there so 8 wasn't a complete waste..."

wynand32

What's funny is that after all the work and "innovation" it seems like Windows 10 is basically going to be Windows 7 2015 with the occasional hat tip to what worked in W8.

"Let's take Windows 7, make it faster and prettier and throw some tiles in there so 8 wasn't a complete waste..."

I'm really reserving judgment until the next build. I still think on a tablet/hybrid Windows 10 is a good compromise, and certainly better than Windows 7. But yes, it does seem so far like a bit too much of what was good about Windows 8 on touchscreen devices is being lost.

bluegrass

I pretty much agree with you about W10. I think that the SP3 was such an innovative & cool product, most of us are expecting just as a big of leap with their new OS. I hope it is. Only time will tell. It might be interesting to discuss what most of us would like to see dramatically change & improve with the next OS. We know there is going to be a big change coming with their new Internet browser.

Frankly, I was pretty happy with W7 but the human nature in me relishes new things and changes to spice up my life or I get bored. I am a guy that always searches for simpler and more efficient ways of accomplishing tasks. If they could improve in those areas along with making it a beautiful eye-candy of an OS, I would be happy.

mitchellvii

I like Windows 7 so I'm perfectly happy with faster prettier Windows 7. Windows 7 was intuitive. If you expected something to work a certain way it generally did.

GTiceman

I also loved Windows 7. I do think we need an update on things like Windows Explorer. Unlike many, maybe not here, I loved the Start Screen in Windows 8 regardless of having a touch device or not. It allowed me to group things and show only the apps I wanted. Sure you could pin things in W7, but the grouping and pinning in W8 just was a wonderful thing in my eyes.

I hope W10 takes a lot from the design cues from that reddit or wherever UI
original.jpg

bluegrass

I would like Windows to wow! me, but I don't want to have to go through a lot of relearning. It should be intuitive to use, cool, fast, & eye catching. BTW, I started out with Windows 1 when it was barely Windows. I have hard time remembering too much of what it looked like but I'll tell you this, Microsoft has come a long way since Windows 1.0.

lhauser

I solved this annoying problem:

1) click control panel
2) click network and sharing center
3) click on Wifi(name of your wifi)
4) click network properties
5) check "connect automatically when this network is in range"

Well, I'll certainly give it a try!

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Just got back from travels with my SP3 and Windows 10. Signed contracts and did some very intense spreadsheet work, without trouble. Internet Explorer gave me some troubles, which were easily solved with the Tools "Compatibility View settings".

WiFi in airports, hotels, and cafés worked just fine.

Screenshot (237).jpg

Screenshot (238).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.