What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just curious as to whether anyone actually uses the physical windows button. I never had a ned under 8.1 and now that there is nearly always the windows button visible on the taskbar, i further have no need. Cant recall the last time i used it, just feels a bit pointless to me. Normally keep it turned off.

ScottyS

Just curious as to whether anyone actually uses the physical windows button. I never had a ned under 8.1 and now that there is nearly always the windows button visible on the taskbar, i further have no need. Cant recall the last time i used it, just feels a bit pointless to me. Normally keep it turned off.
I use it all the time when using my SP3 as a tablet.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Tested my Bluetooth GPS QSTARZ 818XT with Windows 10. Works great with Google Maps and the built-in Maps app.

Now for more gratuitous screen shots to continue showcasing the clean but very functional Windows 10 desktop:

Screenshot (241).jpg

Screenshot (242).jpg

Screenshot (258).jpg

Screenshot (243).jpg

Screenshot (244).jpg

Screenshot (245).jpg

Last edited:
B

BChat

Nice desktops - clutter free as they should be - Windows 10 looking good

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
All of these use the built-in color suggestions by Windows. I'm amazed that the selections available work with so many images.

Screenshot (247).jpg

Screenshot (248).jpg

Screenshot (250).jpg

Screenshot (256).jpg

Screenshot (251).jpg

Screenshot (252).jpg

Screenshot (253).jpg

Screenshot (254).jpg

Screenshot (255).jpg

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
So far, the built-in color options are the same as previous Windows versions. Windows 10 is likely to allow transparency, and auto-picked colors.

Screenshot (249).jpg

Screenshot (257).jpg

Screenshot (86).jpg

Screenshot (133).jpg

Screenshot (134).jpg

Screenshot (135).jpg

Screenshot (159).jpg

Last edited:

iandmcneill

Hi,

I'm using build 9926 and having difficulty with bluetooth - it appears off even though the logo in the system tray says it is on. I've tried restarting the service, the system both without result. Here is what the app shows:

upload_2015-3-2_12-32-33.png

And the device manager:
upload_2015-3-2_12-33-45.png

Anything I'm missing or does this just not work yet (one of the readmes for this win10 version was to keep checking updates for bluetooth drivers)

Ta

GTiceman

Hi,

I'm using build 9926 and having difficulty with bluetooth - it appears off even though the logo in the system tray says it is on. I've tried restarting the service, the system both without result. Here is what the app shows:

Anything I'm missing or does this just not work yet (one of the readmes for this win10 version was to keep checking updates for bluetooth drivers)

Ta

My bluetooth works fine. I also have a

Device Identification Service
Service Discovery Service

I installed a clean 9926

B

BChat

I've been using 9926 on my desktop since it was "released", a fairly sound OS, but still beta pre-release software. I cannot remember a beta OS that was as inconsistent as this one as far as how it works on different machines. I'll be waiting for the RTM version before I put in on SPro 3.

You might find some help here:
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/forums/54-Windows-10

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
... is there a chance that we can set up a different thread for sharpcolorado's desktops? ...

Posts had a reason - demonstrate color pallet choices with various desktops on Windows 10 / SP3. Wouldn't work with just text.
I'll gladly post elsewhere.

GTiceman

Posts had a reason - demonstrate color pallet choices with various desktops on Windows 10 / SP3. Wouldn't work with just text.
I'll gladly post elsewhere.

Are you just using a folder full of images? I downloaded and use John's Wallpaper Switcher which pulls images from sources I tell it to, such as 500px, Flickr, RSS, etc, and rotates them for me and I have noticed Windows can't seem to pick up the changes and rotate the colors automatically without me refreshing it. I know I can set up RSS feeds as a theme, but the utility is nice, it also only downloads one image and caches it unless i tell it to store more.

Status
Not open for further replies.