What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0v1em4n

Hi Guys,

Recently been having some streaming issues with BBC Iplayer constantly buffering in IE 11 even though I have a 100meg internet connection, so thought I would try downloading and reinstalling IE again and this what I got when I went to the appropriate web site

Screenshot_20.png

As a side note BBC Iplayer seem OK in Chrome, but must admit I didn't want to install and start using Chrome again

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Are you just using a folder full of images? ...

I don't use a wallpaper App or program at all.
I keep all my wallpapers in a OneDrive folder: .../OneDrive/Pictures/Wallpaper_SP3/

Before I set out on travels, or embark an a major computing task, might browse there, right-click on an image, and "Set as desktop background'.

Screenshot (259).jpg

B

B'midbar

I know it's Monday, and I know that this may sound miserable (I am feeling very happy - honestly). But, is there a chance that we can set up a different thread for sharpcolorado's desktops? They're lovely and all that, but it's becoming really tedious to scroll through reams and reams of them.

Nah, don't believe it's necessary. Pretty sure you took care of it right there. ROFLMAO.

bvone21

I like reading this thread, and am catching up on a few pages. However, I'm getting a little annoyed with all of the background photos being inserted. I guess I don't really get the point? I think we get it....you can set an image as your background. Maybe a separate thread to sticky for folks to showcase their desktops or backgrounds?

[EDIT] Sorry, I just caught up on the last page after I posted...looks like someone has already commented...I was debating saying something for a while and just held off. And then the post about Bluetooth with a half dozen unrelated screenshots just prompted this post...it's not a bad thing...I just don't get it's relevance to the topic...and is taking up a lot of page space. Do what you will, said my peace...I'll keep the scroll wheel greased.

bluegrass

Am I the only one to check my updates every 2h... ?

At least. I don't know what Google Now is but I don't want to have anything to do with Google other then using Google for searches on the Internet. Google is way too much in your face kind of business, although I still setup all my 100+ clients with Google as the home page when I build or rebuild systems.

bvone21

I used to but when Google Now doesn't give me news about a new build and I have no large number of updates from this thread i figure nothing new is out.

Gasp! Google Now! The shame! Why isn't Cortana giving you news from Windows Phone? haha...I enjoy windows phone, but Google Now does work great. It'd be cool to see the level of integration OSX and iOS have trickle down to Windows 10. There's some basics showing up...we'll see how it progresses.

bvone21

At least. I don't know what Google Now is but I don't want to have anything to do with Google other then using Google for searches on the Internet. Google is way too much in your face kind of business, although I still setup all my 100+ clients with Google as the home page when I build or rebuild systems.
I assume he's rocking Android for his phone OS. Google Now works well. Synonymous with Siri (iOS), Cortana (Windows)...each with their own pros/cons.

GTiceman

Gasp! Google Now! The shame! Why isn't Cortana giving you news from Windows Phone? haha...I enjoy windows phone, but Google Now does work great. It'd be cool to see the level of integration OSX and iOS have trickle down to Windows 10. There's some basics showing up...we'll see how it progresses.

I assume he's rocking Android for his phone OS. Google Now works well. Synonymous with Siri (iOS), Cortana (Windows)...each with their own pros/cons.

I am using an Android phone. I do ask Cortana things, but she doesn't seem to understand "Tell me when there is a new Windows 10 build"

I would consider Windows Phone, if they came out with a nice flagship.

Status
Not open for further replies.