What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMINENT

Gabe Aul tweeted about 5 minutes ago they're releasing 10051 on the fast ring to phones today, has 10051 hit the fast ring on desktops? Dropped to the slow ring last week or the week before, but may speed up again.

No. Just for phones. Working pretty well also on my 830 aside a few bugs.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
While waiting for the next Build, I put Windows 10 on my MacBook Pro Retina 15 inch.
Runs very well. No problems. OneDrive synced up all my settings. All the stuff from my Surface Pro 3 is there. Can be resized to any dimensions I desire.

Just wish I could use a pen. :)

Screen Shot 2015-04-12 at 9.59.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-04-12 at 10.02.24 PM.png

mitchellvii

It's really weird how I pretty much never use the pen. Combination of things: I don't draw, my handwriting is beyond atrocious made worse by writing with a plastic tip on glass and I just type so much faster (and legibly). I'm sure this would be different if I took a class or was in a meeting where typing (clickety clack) would seem rude, but as it is, just never use it. Funny that I was so annoyed my Y2P didn't have a pen I returned it for the SP3 when it's something I just don't need and the Y2P is hands down a better typing machine. I guess I liked knowing I had the option. If I had it to do all over again I'd have kept the Y2P and bought a $200 Windows tablet with a pen to take notes.

The other reason I went with the SP3 instead was the 3:2 ratio which would make viewing in portrait much better but honestly I find myself rarely doing that either. I actually use this machine 95% of the time just like a laptop. I may end up bailing and going with the laptop/tablet combo I mentioned above but then the emotional damage I'd cause this forum by you guys missing me would consume me with guilt - HA! :)

GoodBytes

For me, I mostly type my notes. But I do use the pen for sketching, writhing math formulas and so on. Things that I can't do in seconds on laptop, so it is important for me.

bluegrass

Yep, I remember my typing class. I think it was 7th grade about 52 or 53. I've almost forgot how to write cursively. I find myself writing out individual characters most of the time when I hand write. Computer have almost destroyed hand written letters and birthday cards. It's a shame. Maybe I'll start a new trend and start mailing hand written notes again to my friends and family that don't live in the city I live in. I'll need to practice hand writing again before I do though.

Status
Not open for further replies.