What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MassoSasso

Sounds like the Modem's driver doesn't conform to the Windows 10 Driver Standard. The best you can do currently is to submit a bug and reach out to HUAWEI to see if updated (or even Beta) Drivers are available.
Thanks so much, I will try, or is it possible to roll back to 10041?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hmm. Just got the office updates and having updated, can no longer open MUI onenote. Not best pleased. Can't even uninstall it to re-install.

edit: got it to start up by enabling tablet mode. Disabled tablet mode and it wouldn't start again. However i can't replicate this any more and i'm still without. Maybe having to re-write everything 2 or 3 times may actually be beneficial to my revision :p

Last edited:

m0v1em4n

Went back to Build 10041, where everthing seem to work nice, even the scrolling and VPN
Did try the build 10056 and I am sorry to say it was rubbish,

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
And i swear everyone was singing about the lack of resources spartan needs, but i'm sat here with 2 forum threads open, not doing anything, and each tab is using 150mb of ram. Seems pretty crap to me.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, not. Honestly, I don't know how to do it...
There is an Icon on the Start Menu...
upload_2015-4-15_8-45-16.png

bluegrass

And i swear everyone was singing about the lack of resources spartan needs, but i'm sat here with 2 forum threads open, not doing anything, and each tab is using 150mb of ram. Seems pretty crap to me.

Just out of curiosity, is seeing how much memory each tab uses a simple thing to do. I haven't looked tried opening task manager but I didn't think it would keep track of memory usage of each tab in a browser.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Just out of curiosity, is seeing how much memory each tab uses a simple thing to do. I haven't looked tried opening task manager but I didn't think it would keep track of memory usage of each tab in a browser.
Yep, under the Parent Process you will see all of the child processes that correspond to the Tabs, works the same for IE Desktop...

bluegrass

Yep, under the Parent Process you will see all of the child processes that correspond to the Tabs, works the same for IE Desktop...
I see what you mean. Under IE it has all the child processes but it doesn't give the memory usage for each. It just increases the amount for the parent for each child process. Under Spartan it shows the parent at the top with the name of Project Spartan and way below that are the child processes labeled Spartan.

I just don't understand what Hughlle was talking about. I opened up 5 tabs under both IE and Spartan and they totaled close to the same amount of memory. I don't see Spartan as any more hog of resources than IE. Mine definitely didn't use 150 meg for each tab. I think I'm going to like Spartan and it will replace IE for me, even now.

Status
Not open for further replies.