What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchellvii

I can actually write legible cursive with pen on paper. It's the plastic tip on glass that wrecks mine beyond recognition. I press down hard when I write and that simply doesn't work on glass.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
BACKUP DRIVE - PEACE OF MIND

My Surface Pro 3 has a 128 GB SDXC inserted under the kickstand. I use it for backups under Windows 10. I usually forget it is there. When I do remember about it, it brings peace of mind.

Screenshot (21).png

Screenshot (22).png

hannytyo

hmm... does it have backup options such as incremental, etc? cannot try it, cause I don't have any external drive or SD attached.

currently I use Freecommander XE application to backup changed files to a Seagate Central drive at home.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
The backups are indeed incremental. Only changed files are backed up. And files are directly accessible for restoring via copy / paste onto other drives.

Here is my folder of desktop backgrounds (wallpaper). Note the time and date added to the filenames. Fully searchable. Can view tiles and thumbnails, like any other folders.

When I start to run out of space, fewer versions of files will be retained. You may also notice that I also have a networked Apple Time Capsule drive or two. I like the Apple Time Capsule backup and restore scheme. But I like this, too. More direct.

Check out the pathname. Naturally records that files were on the C drive, and retains the path.

Saved me a few times already. I like where this is going with Windows 10.

Screenshot (23).png

Screenshot (25).png

HarnessTech

My Surface Pro 3 has a 128 GB SDXC inserted under the kickstand. I use it for backups under Windows 10. I usually forget it is there. When I do remember about it, it brings peace of mind.
Must be the same card I have in mine. I use it to sync with my Google Drive account. Works great.

MassoSasso

I was using an internet key HUAWEI E392 with previuos build without any problem. Since I installed Build 10049 I'm no more able to use it.
I get an alarm in the hardware management page where it say Driver cannot be loaded error 10.
Anyone has encountered a similar program, so far?

GTiceman

I feel like my 10049 has had more and more problems slowly start appearing like an unresponsive explorer.exe when i touch on the screen. The touch is registered but no action occurs.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I was using an internet key HUAWEI E392 with previuos build without any problem. Since I installed Build 10049 I'm no more able to use it.
I get an alarm in the hardware management page where it say Driver cannot be loaded error 10.
Anyone has encountered a similar program, so far?
Sounds like the Modem's driver doesn't conform to the Windows 10 Driver Standard. The best you can do currently is to submit a bug and reach out to HUAWEI to see if updated (or even Beta) Drivers are available.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Funny thing about being a tester of new software: It is actually saddening to get this message from Windows Update:
"Your device is up to date." :(

Screenshot (26).png

rquellet

Just had to roll back to 8.1. Still too hinky for a daily driver.

I had to do the same last time I installed Windows 10. This time I partitioned 70Gb of the SSD for Windows 10 and am able to dual boot Windows 8.1 and 10 without dealing with Hyper-V. Anytime I have a problem with Windows 10, I just reboot into 8.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.