What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluegrass

No, I have W10 on one SSD and W8 on another SSD and both are plugged into the SATA ports on the motherboard.

I just go into the UEFI ( used to be BIOS ) and tell it which drive to boot from.

Sorry, I thought you were talking about a Surface. It's obviously if you have two Sata SSD's plugged into the motherboard your not talking about a Surface.

GTiceman

I keep having issues now on 10061. I did a few refreshes, think I might need to do a clean install of 10041 then move back up. The UI keeps freezing up and I get a solid color background, likely that sleep issue again. Also Cortana/Search and the Start Menu stop responding requiring a restart. This is basically clean out of the gate after the refresh. I finally got Weather to be my location, but on my last refresh it went back to London and it is stuck again.

ViktorEvil

I had the same issue with a solid colour background. Also wouldn't let me log back in to my account just had a black screen no matter what I did. Had to go back to 8.1 this morning. I think I will wait and see if they release a more stable build tomorrow.

Nicola

I had the same issue with a solid colour background. Also wouldn't let me log back in to my account just had a black screen no matter what I did. Had to go back to 8.1 this morning. I think I will wait and see if they release a more stable build tomorrow.
It's a known bug (was stated in the release notes) and a workaround is to lock and unlock again.
A patch from yesterday fixed it though.

ViktorEvil

That will teach me about reading release notes. Oh well I'm back on 8.1 anyway now. I did like the direction they were going with 10 though

GTiceman

It's a known bug (was stated in the release notes) and a workaround is to lock and unlock again.
A patch from yesterday fixed it though.

Yea I saw that and it does workaround. The bigger issue for me is the Start Menu, not sure where that one came from.

Is there rumor around a new build tomorrow?

GTiceman

Oh right, I don't expect the build to come out until the end of BUILD. It would make sense to release it day 1 so everyone attending can get a look at it.

Kris

Just reinstalled Windows 10, haven't used it for a while. I would like to use the start menu, like they had it in Windows 7 but having a small issue with the tile icon area. When I put a tile over it makes the start menu huge because it puts a group name option above the tiles. Is there any way to remove this or make it smaller? I have tried re-sizing it but it won't make it any smaller than the group name
upload_2015-4-28_12-24-43.png

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, @Kris

You cannot resize that banner, but you can leave it blank (delete the name). It does not make sense to delete it, because you can have a nameless group of tiles as large as you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.