What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluegrass

Hi, @Kris

You cannot resize that banner, but you can leave it blank (delete the name). It does not make sense to delete it, because you can have a nameless group of tiles as large as you want.

I also noticed that unlike 8.1, you can make the rows of tiles narrower. For instance you can order the tiles in rows 3 or 4 tiles wide by as deep as you want.

Kris

Hi, @Kris

You cannot resize that banner, but you can leave it blank (delete the name). It does not make sense to delete it, because you can have a nameless group of tiles as large as you want.

So I am stuck with the start menu being larger than my tiles if I don't use enough to fill up all that space...

I also noticed that unlike 8.1, you can make the rows of tiles narrower. For instance you can order the tiles in rows 3 or 4 tiles wide by as deep as you want.
Thats done by just moving them around, correct?

How do you activate live tiles like Calendar? I have tried right clicking on it but no option for it...

As always thanks for the help, Google searching is not that helpful in this area

Anyone else having windows askig for account verification all the time?

And OneNote dosent work in 10061 for anyoneelse?? It says couldntsign in even thogh i verify all the time.

ScottyS

Anyone else having windows askig for account verification all the time?

And OneNote dosent work in 10061 for anyoneelse?? It says couldntsign in even thogh i verify all the time.
@sharpcolorado explained this a few pages back.

OneNote works fine for me both desktop and MUI versions.

I like the re-sizable start menu. Yeah, it's stuck at certain set widths to accommodate 1, 2 or 3 columns of tiles but that seems like a fair comprise to have a start menu plus live tiles. In tablet mode it's a lot like Win8, in desktop mode it's a hybrid. Only mine doesn't switch back automatically when I connect the keyboard. Still a work in progress.

Haldi

seems like build 10102 is comming soon?

I've been on Enterprise edition from the start since October. Same features as normal edition as I'm on the fast track.
No big differences from normal huh?
I've tried it in a VM for a short while when i've tried RemoteFX in RDP + MS server tech preview, until i found out that an AMD R9-290 is not RemoteFX compatible....
So there is no valid reason to switch to Enterprise version for normal DAU usage.

Ryan Simmons

Anyone else getting a yellow exclamation mark on their hard drive (after installing build 10074 clean) due to issues with Bitlocker? Driving me crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.