What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

VickiFL

Ac6lUXH.png

Apparently, Mac now supports Windows.

pbloyd

Just installed windows 10. Like the new look. But it doesn't seem to recognize when there is no keyboard attached. And I can't play Farmville 2.

Arktik

One more small bug, sometimes when i hit the windows key on the bottom left when start menu is already open, it just keep's re-opening it instead of closing it. Or worse, I'll hit it and both the windows, icons, and start menu dissapear leaving me with the task bar and a wallpaper and nothing else.

This does not happen when clicking on it with a mouse or pressing windows key on a keyboard. Only when touching it with my finger.

Still, small issue since if i just keep messing with the start menu it'll eventually give me my desktop back. Just annoying. I'll just use the smaller start menu for now until they work out that kink.

Anyone else have this issue?

Last edited:

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
My biggest peeve at present is in tablet mode, no matter what i do, windows doesnt want anything more than me to see the start menu. If a rar file finishes unpacking, stsrt menu appears, etc etc. Still early days for continuum, but they've a hell of a lot of work to do yet. To put it in perspective, from my experience, win 8 kicks the ass out of their attempted (so far) convergence of tablet and desktop. Almost like they know what was wrong with 8, but really dont know how to fix it so keep giving us hash jobs. Looking forward to seeing what their vision is with regards to continuum (bloody stupid name if you ask me)

Only benenfit of today though (on holiday and have internet access) is discovering that vlc have finally (probably a while back) updated to give touch support to their desktop version. Took a hell of a while, but i finally have swipe to skip/change volume without hsving to resort to a mui app

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Just now noticed what happens when I click on the the battery icon of the Taskbar Notification Area.
I like it.

Screenshot (17).png

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just now noticed what happens when I click on the the battery icon of the Taskbar Notification Area.
I like it.

View attachment 6066

Yup, quite nifty. Supposedly there will also be a feature before too long that will show you what your battery bandits are (there was a link on it in the last build saying coming soon).

Only annoying thing with it at present is that it changes by the second almost. As in you wil be at 80% and it'll say 9 hours left, just open up chrome etc and within a minute it'll change to 3 hours left etc.

GTiceman

OH NO! The System Firmware Update 3/27/15 has returned on my system, though it seemed to install and not return so far

Anyone else having issues using full Google Maps in Chrome? Mine all of a sudden has been defaulting to and is often stuck in Lite Mode

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.