What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmergel

I was so hopeful that this new display driver update would resolve my daisy chaining issue, but I can confirm it doesn't. Still broken.... :(

Will try the new update and see if the Wireless Display works better with the new intel driver.
Edit: No improvement. Still lagging and sound stays on the SP instead of going to the TV

Last edited:

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anybody have a quick and easy way of changing default sound device when moving the SP3 back and forth between the port replicator and undocked short of going into Control Panel > Sound and changing it every time?

Sure wish Win10 would consolidate all settings into a single place.

Maybe there is a "perfect" way, but surely just clicking the volume icon and selecting playback devices is a lot easier and quicker than going through control panel?

malberttoo

I have been noticing some issues when closing the lid up and transporting it between office and home. Sometimes I'll power her up and find it rebooted during the drive home.

Also, I get funky mouse issues when bringing her up from sleep as well.. just weird little quirks here and there that seem to be related to bringing her up from sleep.

+1 for calling your SP3 "her"... :D

alissaknight

Odd, used wireless display to show the wife a youtube video and the sound went to the TV.

Yeah, that one stumped me for 10-15 minutes before I realized when you add a new sound source, you have to pull up the sound settings page and actually tell your Surface to begin using it.

mitchellvii

Didn't think it was possible but my fan is blowing even harder now after last update. I'm starting to wonder if John Deere has the fan license on these bad boys?

Status
Not open for further replies.