What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocACE911

Finally gave up on Windows 10 on my SP3. Still using it on my desktop. ...ience than 8.1. If not for those if us with Surfaces, it will be a major disappointment.

Can you elaborate? I thought the new build has options to boot right into metro??? The screenshots look Identixle to 8.1

Knuck

Can you elaborate? I thought the new build has options to boot right into metro??? The screenshots look Identixle to 8.1

Its not the Start screen that's the issue for me. I actually prefer the new combination of the start menu and tile system on Windows 10 to the Metro start screen on 8.1. Several functional issues and incompatibilities exist. For example you can't use the pen to open OneNote or to take screen captures. WiFi works but poorly, at least on my system. It was Ok until the most recent build which, for me, is inconsistent. IE Metro is not there anymore although there is a solution to get it back and open it with a batch file. In addition to this hassle, its functionality is not as good. There are scaling issues and some Metro apps don't work properly such as Drawboard.

GTiceman

Another important question, how is the battery life on this build?

My battery life seemed a bit worse the other day streaming the FSU-MIA game, but I did stream basically the entire game for 3+ hours at minimal brightness with sound. Other than that it has been about the same for me.

r0b123

+1 Seems no better, no worse than Win8.1. Granted you have to figure out the SP3 tweaks but overall mostly positive when you take into account the new features of Win10.

razy60

New issue that has cropped up for me, I recently updated to build 9879 I had not noticed any problems until I restarted my surface to boot into win 8.1 this morning, the screen went black then the back lit blank screen appeared but no dual boot option, eventually it started at the win10 log in screen. I can get to the dual boot choice screen but I have to do the two button press to get to it.
Anyone with similar or got a fix.

ScottyS

New issue that has cropped up for me, I recently updated to build 9879 I had not noticed any problems until I restarted my surface to boot into win 8.1 this morning, the screen went black then the back lit blank screen appeared but no dual boot option, eventually it started at the win10 log in screen. I can get to the dual boot choice screen but I have to do the two button press to get to it.
Anyone with similar or got a fix.
Yes, I have been having this problem too. I have to shut down and restart to get dual boot menu (using just restart always boots me to the default OS). And sometimes it just goes to a black screen with the backlight glowing through and hangs there. I've had to hold power button to force a power off and then restart.

The only "fix" I've found so far is to change the default OS in the boot tab on msconfig and just restart to the other OS.

razy60

Yes, I have been having this problem too. I have to shut down and restart to get dual boot menu (using just restart always boots me to the default OS). And sometimes it just goes to a black screen with the backlight glowing through and hangs there. I've had to hold power button to force a power off and then restart.

The only "fix" I've found so far is to change the default OS in the boot tab on msconfig and just restart to the other OS.
Since my last post i have discovered that if i click the down button and then enter i get 8.1 or if i hit just enter i get 10 so its as if the graphics for that screen have gone but the functionality is still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.