What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchellvii

Yep, same here. And I just did the firmware update yesterday.

Yep I don't think I'm imagining things. My Internet is either crazy slow or just freezing up altogether. I'm getting excellent data speeds but pages just won't load. Also typing in some forums lags badly and hangs or crashes. Tried numerous browsers. All same. Data bottleneck somewhere because my database is slow as well.

bluegrass

Try checking a few things with Task Manager to see if you can spot something eating up CPU time or memory. Don't you wish they had a disk activity light somewhere on the computer?

mitchellvii

Well here's a problem. I'm using 69% of memory with just a single webpage open in Chrome and nothing else. Chrome is sucking up almost 500 mb memory all by itself. Seems a bit extreme considering this webpage is the only thing I have open.

IE is using just 145 mb running same webpage - and yet still lagging.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I have no life.

nobuild.png

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well here's a problem. I'm using 69% of memory with just a single webpage open in Chrome and nothing else. Chrome is sucking up almost 500 mb memory all by itself. Seems a bit extreme considering this webpage is the only thing I have open.

I think that there is something going on that is not being told to us with regard to memory usage. My taskmanager tells me i'm using 62%, but i can add up the memory used by the applications, and it isn't even close to 1gb, barely over 500mb suppsedly (IE with 2 tabs is using 200mb).

razy60

Don't think its purely a win 10 problem, switched back to 8 for a bit and since the recent update its all running with high ram usage, and cpu usage is up and down like a active up and down thing, that's with minimal process running.

mitchellvii

Fired up the new Firefox 35 and it's downright speedy. Also, memory usage down from 69% to 44%. I agree the memory used in the Task Manager seems far less than the % it is saying is being used.

r0b123

Agree, Spartan looks great. They said it won't be available on the next build yet, but it is coming soon.

For other features they've announced especially the Xbox One integration features, I'm very excited! But also since our SP3 had Win8.1, they said the upgrade is free!! Can't beat that at all. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.