What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeltaXray

Is there a better graphics driver we can use? Clean install of latest build and graphics are choppy as anything. Also miracast doesn't work which it says is down to the driver and also PowerPoint complains that the graphics card 'isn't configured correctly' to show presentations properly.

rkz

I mainly wanted to make sure I wasn't missing the option somewhere. I suppose that makes sense, but (to me) while it does seem perfectly natural on the screen, it doesn't on the mouse. I'll give them a little feedback about it.

I like it. It is intuitive after a couple days. Reminds me of my MacBook. I like the 3 finger swipe now too.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I set the button to open OneNote Desktop as instructed. No effect. Still opens OneNote MUI. However, was able to enlarge pen thickness so that's good.
Are you running Office 365 or traditional? In OneNote 2013 open Options.... Advanced ....and set it as default, if that still doesn't work you are missing and update in Office 2013.

GTiceman

Is there a better graphics driver we can use? Clean install of latest build and graphics are choppy as anything. Also miracast doesn't work which it says is down to the driver and also PowerPoint complains that the graphics card 'isn't configured correctly' to show presentations properly.

This was discussed for a few pages, a few pages back. Many have had success with the drivers from the August updates, which are dated 3/7/2014 I believe.

Last edited:

RémiM

I found 2 solutions:

1-- for the videos not playing in IE while browsing youtube: enable "use software rendering instead of GPU rendering" in the advanced tab of internet options DOES work. No need to revert the Intel driver.

2-- for the google search add-on: installing it from the IE gallery webpage (http://www.iegallery.com/Addons/) instead of installing it from IE itself DOES work.

EDIT: enabling "use software rendering instead of GPU rendering" does not work for netflix in IE -- but my Netflix app works fine, so....

Last edited:

mitchellvii

Are you running Office 365 or traditional? In OneNote 2013 open Options.... Advanced ....and set it as default, if that still doesn't work you are missing and update in Office 2013.

I'm running the free desktop version. It has been updated since the option is available to make it default in settings. Who knows? Worked under 8.1.

mitchellvii

Depends if you are running i5 or i7. For i5 run these right on top of current drivers. No need to delete first. W10 will replace these when you run an update. You'll keep your HD Control Panel Settings (such as gamma) when it replaces but the Netflix App won't work (still works in browser though). However, if you've flashed these the currently broken drivers will work better overall once they reinstall for some reason.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k9558ni8n6e3rm9/AAAlB21xT-D7Ujir_ehAyGL_a?dl=0

B

B'midbar

Was previously running builds in a VM and updating from the beginning, but pulled down the 9926 ISO, extracted it with 7-Zip and ran the upgrade directly on top of 8.1 with appropriate, advance precautions on backups, images, etc. Upgraded in less than 30 minutes, it's now my production OS on my SP3.

Couple of more updates after that, then ran Wise Disk Cleaner and disk clean-up to get back about 23GB of drive space after siphoning off the ISO, its extract and Windows.old to a jump drive first.

Some nominal fan for about a half hour after the upgrade, but no jet blower, ran some Youtube videos in all of IE, Waterfox and Canary and they were all fine. I'm on the 01/15 Intel video drivers, no problems.

System does seem snappier so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.