What's new

Windows 11 Enterprise key

afathypc

I bought a used Microsoft laptop surface studio and I found it came with windows 11 enterprise but it can't be activated. How can I activate it or get activation key?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Assuming the original enterprise owner reset the device using their enterprise OS I don't think there's a way around that unless you acquire your own enterprise key.

Assuming you are not an enterprise and you want to use this for personal use. I think the way forward is to download the Surface Recovery Image and reload the factory OS which should activate with the inbuilt key. As far as I know there's no way to remove the original key but it wouldn't work for an enterprise OS.

OP
afathypc

afathypc

Assuming the original enterprise owner reset the device using their enterprise OS I don't think there's a way around that unless you acquire your own enterprise key.

Assuming you are not an enterprise and you want to use this for personal use. I think the way forward is to download the Surface Recovery Image and reload the factory OS which should activate with the inbuilt key. As far as I know there's no way to remove the original key but it wouldn't work for an enterprise OS.
I did that before. I already reset the it to downloaded the Surface Recovery Image and reload the factory OS which should activate with the inbuilt key , but it didn't make any sense and I had the same problem

Attachments

• received_406736285444814.jpeg
    received_406736285444814.jpeg
    62.8 KB · Views: 3

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I believe this unit is still registered by serial number to the organization. As far as I know, the only way around that is to get them to remove it i.e. deregister the serial number. Otherwise, return the device to wherever you bought it for a full refund. Unfortunately, this seems to happen quite a bit with these "Managed Devices" Microsoft should come up with a better way.