What's new

4 years...

Turbo4AWD

Tomorrow would have been 4 years since I bought my Surface Pro 6 and earlier this week the power cord finally gave up. I have to admit I was NOT gentle OR considerate with it. Yanked the cord MULTIPLE TIMES when it was tangled with other cords in my backpack so it makes sense. From now on I will definitely be more cautious when I am pulling the charger out but I just got my official Microsoft power cord from Amazon to replace the original. Man it's so impressive how this thing is STILL lasting since I got it and STILL outperforming work machines that I get from my employers to use in the workplace.

I think next up is a Signature keyboard. This one has gotten QUITE dirty through the years, but maybe a Surface Pro 8/9 will be in my future and completely replace this Surface Pro 6 TABLET. I HATE it when people call it a "laptop". iPad Pro has a keyboard too! Better start calling THAT a "laptop" and no longer a tablet.

SteelSteve

Do the new Signature Keyboards and slim Pens work with the SP6? I've been considering replacing my keyboard as he trackpad seems to be getting more and more touchy, and the keyboard itself is starting to look a little dingy.

OP
T

Turbo4AWD

Do the new Signature Keyboards and slim Pens work with the SP6? I've been considering replacing my keyboard as he trackpad seems to be getting more and more touchy, and the keyboard itself is starting to look a little dingy.
Due to a design change, you cannot connect the new keyboards to the older Surfaces. The pen probably still works, but I too am looking to buy an older Signature Type Cover for my Surface Pro 6 since it's getting old. It still works really well though. Just showing it's age by now.

OP
T

Turbo4AWD

I really want a Surface Pro 8 now tho. Lol. Especially now that Thunderbolt 4 is available. I would also like to see the GPU improvements as well. My mother in law has one and I haven't heard a complaint yet aside from ONE time that it would not work with her work's Citrix Workspace, but once I fixed that, everything has been working extremely well.

Plantje

I think the jump from SP8 to SP9 is less big than the jump from SPX (SQ2) to SP9 (SQ3). For one from LTE to 5G. And the additional options are great.

If I were to go for the Intel version, I think I would also opt for the SP8. For example the i5/256/8 version of the SP8 is € 1039,- whereas the SP9 in the same configuration is € 1329,-. Next to that an SP8 has an Intel LTE version whereas on the SP9 only the ARM version has mobile internet.

OP
T

Turbo4AWD

The jump from the 6 to the 8 is big enough. However, like Plantje said, I don't feel the jump between 8 & 9 warrants the extra cost. I don't feel like it is "future proof" enough for me so being able to spend that $300 on a nice signature keyboard and pen and maybe a nice sleeve to put the Surface Pro 8 in will be more worth it than just getting a 9. Especially if I can land an 8 with an i7.

Plantje

The only downside of an SP8 with LTE is that I am worried of getting the bright spots again, that I currently have on my SP2017 Advanced LTE.