What's new

Alternative pens?

oldsock

I have one of the Wacom Bamboo Feel pens, and it is a great option, even without the eraser. It has a wonderful feel and weight to it, perfect for taking notes in OneNote

Tom T

I pray RTv2 has better pen support.

I sure hope it has SOME support, but I am spoiled by my Note I guess. One Note would be a better note taking app than S Note I believe, and for me if the current RT had a Wacom digitizer layer I would go all in and probably leave Android behind....but it's just wishful thinking for now. I guess we will see next fall.

J515OP

Super Moderator
The RT supports capacitive stylus input and it just fine for standard input. Of course a digitizer is better but the majority of tablet users do ok with just a regular stylus ;)

bosamar, have you tried a capacative stylus? Are there specific issues you are running into?

YKinase

Just tried the pen that came with the Wacom Bamboo tablet but it is not recognized.

I could not find the Bamboo "Feel" pen other than on Wacom's website. There's a vendor on Amazon selling it for >$100. Any other sources?

Tom T

The RT supports capacitive stylus input and it just fine for standard input. Of course a digitizer is better but the majority of tablet users do ok with just a regular stylus ;)

bosamar, have you tried a capacative stylus? Are there specific issues you are running into?

What I meant was I hope the RT2 supports a stylus rather than clever stylus manufacturers managing to support capacitive screens :)

curney

I just tried the stylus that came with my Samsung note 2 and it works great. this is good to know if I ever loose the included stylus.

oldsock

Did you opt for the Metal or Carbon Fiber?

I got the Carbon Fiber, which is really nice! It matches very well with my Stickerboy kit. The pen has a grippy stylus tip which makes it feel more like writing on paper. I hated the slippery feel of the stock stylus for writing.

Tom T

Yeah, the Carbon Fiber is just plain cool. I wonder though, since you like the weight, if the metal version might be a little light. I've been meaning to get one for my Note, so I think I will go with the Carbon Fiber.