What's new

And its out of stock...

bosamar

I was going to head to the San Diego store to look at the Surface Pro today but have to postpone it until Sunday. I have no plans to purchase a Pro but I'll see what they have in stock.

dlacaba

I got extremely lucky and probably shouldn't have gotten one. Went to the MS Store when they opened and there were people waiting since 5am. So needless to say they were sold out. I went to the nearest BestBuy and they had a lineup of about 5 people there. But they only had 2 in stock. I went in anyways to see if they had extra ones. The people in front of me charged in and were screaming for theirs. I just went in and said do you guys have anymore? The guy who took them from the back gave one to another guy and said the other was for the Asian guy. (Me?) I didn't know what he was talking about, I thought he was talking about someone else. The people in front of me were causing a bit of a scene. I wasn't sure what was going on, but next thing you know I walked out with a 128gb surface. I think the guy was fed up with the other people bitching at him about it, that he said I had already reserved it. I guess being polite to people works out sometimes. lol

ArnoldC

Out of stock because it sold a lot is different from out of stock because only 2 (in case of BB) or perhaps a dozen or two (MS stores) were ever available.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express

Kiwibru

And now as of 6pm PST Saturday Feb. 9, there are now more available at the MS online store! Guess they built those real fast...
Amazing.

ArnoldC

It's built by the same facility that makes iPod, yes? Perhaps they're told to hold back. He he. Just kidding.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express

Kiwibru

You are so funny Arnold. I had a flash of a well-lit tech room filled with folks making them up based upon the number of folks turned away! Built to order? Just seems like a very conservative sales approach is being used.

deavod

And now as of 6pm PST Saturday Feb. 9, there are now more available at the MS online store! Guess they built those real fast...
Amazing.

Yes, but between the time I put it in my cart and I checked out -- it had gone out of stock again :( I still have it in my cart and I try every now and then to purchase it with no luck.

cafutter

I had to work a 24 hour shift at the hospital so I couldn't get one yesterday. This morning, I called the Microsoft toll free # and gave him my location. He told me the one in Tyson's corner had only a few so I needed to hurry. It was about 10:00 this morning, (the day after they went on sale), and I got in my car and drove from downtown DC to Tyson's Corner Virginia and arrived at the store at 10:40. Of course they hadn't opened yet. The store was beautiful (it looks like the Apple store). An employee saw me standing at the door and came out to speak with me. I told him what I was told and he was very polite and apologetic but said they had no more 128 GB pro's. He could see I was deflated and was very nice, but could do nothing other than offer to help me order one. Calls to a bunch of stores (Best Buy and Staples) produced no good results. Oh well.

magicrobots

I just went to a Staples where they had a bunch of 64gb and zero 128s; they said the 128gb model would only be available online. Then I went to Best Buy where they guy said there were tons of people looking for the Pro, and that they had only received one of each model. I am amazed at how stupid that is.

Also heard that Boston Microsoft store had sold out very quickly. Guess I'll have to wait as well.

rilot

I guess we now know why it was a US and Canada launch only and not world-wide. They obviously didn't/couldn't make enough to satisfy demand.
Pretty poor show in my opinion.

It would be interesting to know exactly how many Surfaces Pro were actually made available for sale. We'll never know for sure though.

TeknoBlast

This was the same issue when the PS3 first launched. I camped out at a Sam's Club all night then to find out there was only one unit. One unit at a Sam's Club....that was sad.