What's new

Any 4k monitors that work at 50/60hz with Surface Pro 3 (win 10)?

crispincorky

New Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2015
Messages
16
Points
1
My Device
SPro3
Hi all,


In the market for a 4k monitor for my Surface Pro 3. I read that the Dell p2715q did work with a workaround in Windows 8 to get full resolution with 50hz - via an intel driver with custom settings, but it no longer works in Windows 10 :(


see here: Issues creating custom resolution since Windows... | Intel Communities


Does anyone have a 4k monitor working with their surface pro 3 at an acceptable refresh rate, 50/60hz ?


They all seem to be stuck at 30hz with the default surface driver despite Microsoft claiming otherwise.

I may decide on a 1440p at worst case scenario. Any feedback would be great
 
Great, what did you have to do to get it working? Does it matter if it's i5 or i7?
 
I have the i5. I did exactly the same thing I did to get it working on 8.1.
 
i5/8GB. SST is set to 'secondary' although I don't think that matters. This display uses MST for daisy-chaining not driving the main panel.
 
Ok great thanks. I've ordered the monitor ao fingers crossed. What driver version number do you have?

Thanks for the help
 
10.18.15.4256 although I haven't had any version that has been problematic.
 
Back
Top