What's new

Article: In defence of the Surface RT

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Pc World is an unknown, untrusted source ? Are you 13? Cupcake, Cupcake calm down, BREATHE in BREATHE out. My points are valid and true real world cases of 5 of 6 people that work in IT not having any interest in the Surface RT. Call that what you will, it is what is and as they say in California, according to a guy in the woods in Georgia, have a nice day.

Once again, you are speaking in generalities, IT by its very nature, resists change to the point that most technology vendors are by passing IT and going straight to LOB Owners for deployment of new solutions or devices. RT may have been priced too aggressively, now with the lower price point it selling much better and is gaining traction both in the K-12 as well as the university/college segments. In your discussion about the licensing is a Red Herring. RT Office Licenses are easily converted for any customer who has an EA with Software Assurance or an Office365 E1 License. From an enterprise deployment, RT is easily managed by Windows InTune and EAS Policies, Windows 8.1 adds the ability for Workplace Join that allows for further management and security.

You have an axe to grind, you don't like Windows 8 and are unhappy with the Surface Line yet you come here day after day to express and expound on your unhappiness and disparage those who are actually happy with both, your continued characterization of the $900 million markdown, this is from the price reduction, TechEd and WPC offers, Educational Discounts as well as the launch and R&D costs. The RT is the best selling Windows Tablet despite the FUD that the Tech Pundits and IT curmudgeons contend.

As you express that your point are valid, those that run contrary to your opinions are just as valid, so as we as a community request that you heed your own advice and breathe in, breath out and chill a bit...

machistmo

JnJ , what day is it ? What day is it? Contrary to anything you say, they just wrote down 900 million in SPARE RT hardware, dude the time for a look in the mirror is at hand. They just announced the removal of the leader of this fiasco and they appointed a guy that heads a group of investors that owns POINT 8 percent, thats right .8% of the stock to the board of directors. Its get a clue day... ill leave the beathe in out to you fanbois, you obviously need the oxygen more than I do...

Still posting from my IE 9 windows 7 PC as the 'working perfectly bullshit' you posted about 'windows 8.1 and IE 11 is ABSOLUTELY 100%' is absolutely wrong on my tablet2. Maybe its lenovos fault though they dont make the OS... Lol - claim its because its a preview , but in that post where you tried to slam me, the preview was 'Working perfectly' ...

Last edited:

machistmo

Once again, you are speaking in generalities, IT by its very nature, resists change to the point that most technology vendors are by passing IT and going straight to LOB Owners for deployment of new solutions or devices. RT may have been priced too aggressively, now with the lower price point it selling much better and is gaining traction both in the K-12 as well as the university/college segments. In your discussion about the licensing is a Red Herring. RT Office Licenses are easily converted for any customer who has an EA with Software Assurance or an Office365 E1 License. From an enterprise deployment, RT is easily managed by Windows InTune and EAS Policies, Windows 8.1 adds the ability for Workplace Join that allows for further management and security.

You have an axe to grind, you don't like Windows 8 and are unhappy with the Surface Line yet you come here day after day to express and expound on your unhappiness and disparage those who are actually happy with both, your continued characterization of the $900 million markdown, this is from the price reduction, TechEd and WPC offers, Educational Discounts as well as the launch and R&D costs. The RT is the best selling Windows Tablet despite the FUD that the Tech Pundits and IT curmudgeons contend.

As you express that your point are valid, those that run contrary to your opinions are just as valid, so as we as a community request that you heed your own advice and breathe in, breath out and chill a bit...

This is an expensive set of circumstances.. Just out of curiosity, how many of those that qualify opted for the RT ? How many have 100 or more Ipads ? 8.1, you mean that thing that DOESNT EVEN EXIST yet, except in theory and preview? Dude - get a grip here. If the above was true and that was all there was to it, why the shit ass sales of the RT? Why the 900 million dollar write down? Why the departure of your Beloved demigod, mentor and mesiah, BALLMER? Why?

No they are not valid - as the points made by the pre-pubescent 13 year old above you in this post you are so ODDLY defending show as evidence to the contrary........Let me explain this - Windows 8 is bad. It is. It did not have to be, but it is... It's getting better but christ so is Kim Kardashians' use of the english language, well ok but it really isn't , but at least the 13 year olds will read this sentence instead of flaming me without even reading anything I wrote. More than I can say for you JNJ.

I come here with hope. You do nothing for those hopes. Once you've taken sides you've lost. iPad's are so far superior in look, feel, experience and acceptance that MS may not recover in the tablet space, yet I hate them and the RT, now how is that possible?

Defend the 13 yr old ranting at the top of his lungs because he says what you want to hear in an inane and stupid way... Do that .. It seems an oddly suited role for you...

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I do find amusing that you refer to us as trolls and fanbois, when this is a Surface Enthusiast Forum, dedicated to the use of the Surface. You are by definition the troll here, it is like the one who goes onto the Chevy forum to bash the brand extol the virtues of Ford and point out all that is wrong with Chevy. Your posting habits would lead on that you are a troll or off your meds.

Yes MS appointed an activist investor to its board to avoid the proxy fight, the issue that Wall Street has with MS is it doesn't kowtow to their Analysts and Investors yet under Ballmer's reign MS' profits more than tripled but instead of paying off Wall Street they invested in R&D and back into the company so yes Wall Street and the Tech Pundits have an axe to grind.

Russ

You are by definition the troll here, . . .

. . . under Ballmer's reign MS' profits more than tripled but instead of paying off Wall Street they invested in R&D and back into the company so yes Wall Street and the Tech Pundits have an axe to grind.

Jeff --

1 - Yup, so it would seem.

2 - Microsoft is also sitting on about $70+ $Billion in cash reserves, which the Wall Street crowd would like to see them distribute. The same folks are having the same heartburn about Apple's cash reserves.

Regards,

Russ

machistmo

I do indeed as you never actually discuss the real world here. The real world hates the RT. Its Universally accepted as bad, and dead. I may be the troll here, but I am the only one addressing the 900 million dollar gorilla in the room honestly.

OP
beman39

beman39

man your JUST NOT GETTING IT! the reason for the $900 million in spares and low sales is because 1) poor marketing , the head of marketing should be shot! 2) to aggressive price setting, yea they got greedy and paid the price for low sales 3) because of end users thinking the RT can install anything like legacy apps (which is the sales people to blame) because they were not informed properly, and lastly it is because of all the false BS that is being spewed and all misinformation and people are just joining the bandwagon! which YOU are perpetuating the problem!

machistmo

I do find amusing that you refer to us as trolls and fanbois, when this is a Surface Enthusiast Forum, dedicated to the use of the Surface. You are by definition the troll here, it is like the one who goes onto the Chevy forum to bash the brand extol the virtues of Ford and point out all that is wrong with Chevy. Your posting habits would lead on that you are a troll or off your meds.

Yes MS appointed an activist investor to its board to avoid the proxy fight, the issue that Wall Street has with MS is it doesn't kowtow to their Analysts and Investors yet under Ballmer's reign MS' profits more than tripled but instead of paying off Wall Street they invested in R&D and back into the company so yes Wall Street and the Tech Pundits have an axe to grind.

They are circling the drain. Ballmer wasnt the reason for those profits, in fact, they happened despite him as is evidenced by the utter catastophe that windows 8 and the surface devices have been... you want links? Longhorn - there is a word. .. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I do indeed as you never actually discuss the real world here. The real world hates the RT. Its Universally accepted as bad, and dead. I may be the troll here, but I am the only one addressing the 900 million dollar gorilla in the room honestly.

So, you represent the real world? It is not universally accepted as bad:

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Microsoft Surface RT (32GB)

Microsoft Surface RT with 32GB Memory 7XR-00001 - Best Buy RT&cp=1&lp=2#tab=reviews

MIcrosoft Surface RT Tablet | Staples®

Surface RT - Microsoft Store

People overall who buy the RT actually like it....

machistmo

man your JUST NOT GETTING IT! the reason for the $900 million in spares and low sales is because 1) poor marketing , the head of marketing should be shot! 2) to aggressive price setting, yea they got greedy and paid the price for low sales 3) because of end users thinking the RT can install anything like legacy apps (which is the sales people to blame) because they were not informed properly, and lastly it is because of all the false BS that is being spewed and all misinformation and people are just joining the bandwagon! which YOU are perpetuating the problem!

If I could, in anyway, form, factor, or circumstance, affect the sales of the Windows 8 operating system or the RT device, wouldn't that in itself, shake the very foundations of the company more than the fact that they released a whopper of a dud?

machistmo

So, you represent the real world? It is not universally accepted as bad:

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Microsoft Surface RT (32GB)

Microsoft Surface RT with 32GB Memory 7XR-00001 - Best Buy RT&cp=1&lp=2#tab=reviews

MIcrosoft Surface RT Tablet | Staples®

Surface RT - Microsoft Store

People overall who buy the RT actually like it....

Man the lifeboats! The Surface RTitanic is sinking fast | PCWorld The real world talking about the ral world effects on the stock and buddy - this is a nice article.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
For the sake of this community may I suggest:

troll.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.