What's new

Battery bar run time

cvc988

Im off the charger at 84% and like 40% brightness and battery bar says I have 3hrs4min left. This sounds really low, no? I only have chrome open with 7 tabs.

malberttoo

Im off the charger at 84% and like 40% brightness and battery bar says I have 3hrs4min left. This sounds really low, no? I only have chrome open with 7 tabs.

It does sound kinda off, but Chrome is hard on battery life. I definitely noticed a difference when I switched to IE. Not hours of difference in your case probably, but noticeable.

Also for me, Battery Bar took a couple days to settle down and get reliable. Once in a while it still does wonky readings for few minutes, it's the nature of "reacting" to power changes in the system, after the fact.

I also made sure to take the system all the way down to 10% and then let it recharge, shortly after I got it and had BB installed.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I assume the prediction is based off of usage rate. Close Chrome and make sure there is nothing left running with Task Manager and see if the prediction changes.