What's new

Solved Battery drainend when on sleep: Error 10010

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like it....Virtualization especially Type II Hypervisors aren't Connected Standby Friendly...

upload_2014-10-6_12-46-19.png

OP
messy

messy

Mhh... But what can I do to prevent that? I ran and shut down a virtual box. And now I have that problem with the 10010 errors again. Altough no box runs.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Mhh... But what can I do to prevent that? I ran and shut down a virtual box. And now I have that problem with the 10010 errors again. Altough no box runs.
You would need to disable the Virtual Switch that VirtualBox installs, I moved all my Virtual Environments to Azure for this reason...

OP
messy

messy

I think you have to disable Hyper-V.

I already disabled Hyper-V. That was necessary for using VirtualBox. But maybe it's an idea to use this instead of VirtualBox.

Azura is not an option for me. I have to work in the train and there is a bad internet connection.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I already disabled Hyper-V. That was necessary for using VirtualBox. But maybe it's an idea to use this instead of VirtualBox.

Azura is not an option for me. I have to work in the train and there is a bad internet connection.
Hyper-V will disable Connected Standby and Hibernation will be your only option outside of Shutdown. Windows 10 implementation of Hyper-V supports Connected Standby though...

I use my 4G Tethering for access to my Azure Cloud outside the Office.

OP
messy

messy

Hyper-V will disable Connected Standby and Hibernation will be your only option outside of Shutdown. Windows 10 implementation of Hyper-V supports Connected Standby though...

I use my 4G Tethering for access to my Azure Cloud outside the Office.

So there is no way of using a virtual box with the Surface and to have a power saving sleep mode?

I don't want to wait for Windows 10.

Mhh... I figured out that there is no problem with power draining if I disable the virtual Lan adapter.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
You have your anwser, now just create a PowerShell Script that disables the adapter....

OP
messy

messy

You have your anwser, now just create a PowerShell Script that disables the adapter....
Not the coziest solution but better than nothing. ;)
I have written a small and really dump script but it does its job:

Code:
mode="DISABLED"
if [ -n "$1" ]; then
    mode="ENABLED"
fi

netsh interface set interface "VirtualBox Host-Only Network" "$mode"

Is there a way to run the script when Windows entering the sleepmode?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Not the coziest solution but better than nothing. ;)
I have written a small and really dump script but it does its job:

Code:
mode="DISABLED"
if [ -n "$1" ]; then
    mode="ENABLED"
fi

netsh interface set interface "VirtualBox Host-Only Network" "$mode"

Is there a way to run the script when Windows entering the sleepmode?
My guess would be a task with a Trigger....entering into S0iX Power State

OP
messy

messy

Sometimes I still get the 10010 error though, but it's much better than before. I just want to write how I have "solved" (more a work around) that.

I have a small script which used disabled the root of the evil the Virtual Lan Adapter:
Code:
@echo off
netsh interface set interface "VirtualBox Host-Only Network" DISABLED
echo "VirtualBox Host-Only Network is now DISABLED

It has to be disabled when the Surface enters the Connected Standby mode so I added a schedule task which runs the script I mentioned above. Create the task as followed:
General
- Run whether user is logged on or not (to be sure that it is called whenever the Connected Standby mode is entered)
- Run with highest privileges (script needs admin rights)
Trigger
- On an event
- Log: System
- Source: Kernel-Power
- Event ID: 506 (this is the event for entering the Connected Standby mode)
- Advanced settings
- Just enabled
Actions
- Start the script (I created a bat file)
Conditions
- Disable all checkboxes
Settings
- Like you want