What's new

Battery indicator stuck at 100%

ksantoso

Battery indicator stuck at 100% [solved]

Hey just got a surface pro couple days ago. No problem at first, but a few hours ago my battery indicator stays at 100%, even after watching youtube videos for 1.5 hours unplugged. I checked through hwinfo64, the sensor says that my battery is at 100% too. Does this mean that this is a hardware problem (faulty sensor)? I have shut down and turned it on again but no luck.

Has anyone experienced this?

Last edited:

mitchellvii

Hey just got a surface pro couple days ago. No problem at first, but a few hours ago my battery indicator stays at 100%, even after watching youtube videos for 1.5 hours unplugged. I checked through hwinfo64, the sensor says that my battery is at 100% too. Does this mean that this is a hardware problem (faulty sensor)? I have shut down and turned it on again but no luck.

Maybe you got the first Haswell SP?

Seriously though, yeah that is weird. Anyone else on Google having this issue?

Nuspieds

Yes, I have, but mine was stuck at 2%.

See this thread I started.

OP
K

ksantoso

Haswell? I sincerely wish

Yeah that was what I did. I played some games until the battery died, then recharged and its back to normal.
I thought the sensor was bust (at one point the sensor could NOT be read by hwinfo64).