What's new

Bluetooth Question

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
That is a "depends".... If you are using 2.4 GHz WiFi one Bluetooth devices can cause issues, if you are using 5GHz WiFi as many as you need.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
In theory, you may have 255 devices connected. At that point, you have essentially purchased one of every device available from BestBuy.

OP
Tmozer

Tmozer

I experimented and believe the answer seems to be two devices connected at the same time. My MS BT mouse is connected and working as is the pen. However I just tried to connect my Sony BT headphones (which were previously paired and connected before the addition of the mouse) and they will not connect. Pity...... Although I can always connect the headphone via an audio cable.......

malberttoo

A user at work was just complaining to me that on her brand new ThinkPad Carbon X, if she tries to connect a 3rd BT device, then another gets disconnected. I also would like a definitive answer.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I've used 4 devices at one time, keyboard, mouse, headset and smartcard reader all connected to Bluetooth.

OP
Tmozer

Tmozer

I wonder why I can only connect two? Could it be the WiFi connection as mentioned above? How do I determined if my what GHz my home WiFi is?

OP
Tmozer

Tmozer

Netgear CGD24G. According to the router page:

Acquire Downstream Channel 585000000 Hz Locked
That is the only indication I could see........