What's new

Bum Pro?

Cike

Has anyone had problems with your SPro getting stuck at the security boot bios screen? If I leave mine on overnight, I usually find it has crashed (I assume) and booted to the security boot screen and I've got to restart it over and over until finally it boots up like it should have to begin with.

I wonder if it's overheating.

Any thoughts?

C

OP
C

Cike

Scratch the "overheating" theory. I was just using it and it froze on me while viewing a PDF. I had to hold the power button down to force a restart and now it's back to the security boot screen. It doesn't feel hot at all.

jomon

Ok, mine just did this too. It just froze all of a sudden now I can't get past the stupid f....! bios! Grrrrrr. Anybody here know how to boot in safe mode?

Scratch the "overheating" theory. I was just using it and it froze on me while viewing a PDF. I had to hold the power button down to force a restart and now it's back to the security boot screen. It doesn't feel hot at all.

souldier

I'm not experiencing any such things. I don't leave my computer on over night though. I haven't had an crashes, reboots, etc. Not sure what could be the problem. Have you done a full windows update?

jomon

Hi Cike,

Just finished a support call with MS on my PRO. Long story short, they asked me to try a bunch of things but my PRO refuses to boot past the UEFI/bios screen so they faciliated a priority exchange for me. They promised to get me a new one within 3 to 5 business days. I'm bummed out because now I'm back to using my old desktop PC at work lol. Good customer support though :)

Has anyone had problems with your SPro getting stuck at the security boot bios screen? If I leave mine on overnight, I usually find it has crashed (I assume) and booted to the security boot screen and I've got to restart it over and over until finally it boots up like it should have to begin with.

I wonder if it's overheating.

Any thoughts?

C

souldier

Really glad about what I'm hearing with customer support. I think Microsoft is really trying to make customers happy. Most companies would make sending a replacement as a last resort

jomon

Yeah, MS support has always been excellent. Can't say the same about Google's pathetic or non existent support. BTW souldier, are you Pinoy?

Really glad about what I'm hearing with customer support. I think Microsoft is really trying to make customers happy. Most companies would make sending a replacement as a last resort

OP
C

Cike

Yep. I've done all the updates that have come up. This has happened 5 or 6 times and during the last 5 times, I was able to get it to boot eventually just by trying over and over. This time, no dice.

jomon

Hi Cike,

Chat with MS support and ask for an exchange. They have this "advanced exchange" option where they will get you the new device and put a temporary hold on your credit card. Once you receive your new device you then ship your old one and when they receive your old device, they remove the hold on your credit card. You have 14 days to return your old device so you can continue using it (assuming it boots up lol) while waiting for your new one.

Yep. I've done all the updates that have come up. This has happened 5 or 6 times and during the last 5 times, I was able to get it to boot eventually just by trying over and over. This time, no dice.