What's new

Converted Mac user

Dave Las

After years of being a MAC user in my personal life, I just got my new Surface Pro 4 i7. BTW - I use PC in work life so I'm familiar. What I'm not experienced with is the hybrid (tablet / laptop technology) and how to get the most out of it. Admittedly I'm a little behind the curve on this one.

So in an effort to maximize my Surface Pro 4 experience I'll be leaning on this forum and hopefully a few of you experienced Surface Pro users who would be nice enough to help.

1. Any recommendations on the best docking station?

2. Any recommendations for external monitor

Happy Father's Day

leeshor

Welcome to the forum and Happy Father's Day back

The dock that Microsoft sells is pretty good and I'm not sure I could provide a convincing reason not to get one if you need a dock.

External monitors are such a personal choice and there are so many options and price points it's possible that only you could make a decision, goo or bad. Many of the forum members have Dell 4K monitors which may be a good starting point.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Much of there decisions would be based on your budget, I personally would not use or out the USB sucks as the DisplayLink drivers at up asked use to much of the CPU to render. I use the Surface Dock and I connect it to a 40" 4K 60Hz Monitor.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
The Surface Dock is what you want. I have two, after trying two others (those were USB 3.0, not Surfzce native).

OP
D

Dave Las

Thank you. Some people in work who have Surface Pro 3's told me that the docking station for the Surface Pro 3 and 4 are the same and that's not what I've learned. As recommended, I'm now looking to buy Surface Dock and a good external monitor for starters.

This is a great forum and I will continue to impose on all you nice people as I migrate everything over the last 10 years from i-everything to my new Surface Pro. It's all quite tiring - now I know why I don't change technologies that often. :)
Thanks again.