What's new

Cross platform calendars iCloud & Google

captjohnno

Hi I'm using MS Outlook 2014 which I use at work with Google calendars. My personal Calendars are via iCloud can I install the iCloud app for Windows and then my Apple calendar will show as a separate calendar within Outlook?

I don't want to sync the calendars I just want two separate calendars - one being work and one personal.

Can I do the same for contacts or will they merge I'd prefer to keep them separate but still have access via work PC.

Update - just installed icloud but it wants to merge the calendars and contacts I want seperate ones, then it gives me an error and nothing has appeared in Outlook.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi I'm using MS Outlook 2014 which I use at work with Google calendars. My personal Calendars are via iCloud can I install the iCloud app for Windows and then my Apple calendar will show as a separate calendar within Outlook?

I don't want to sync the calendars I just want two separate calendars - one being work and one personal.

Can I do the same for contacts or will they merge I'd prefer to keep them separate but still have access via work PC.

Update - just installed icloud but it wants to merge the calendars and contacts I want seperate ones, then it gives me an error and nothing has appeared in Outlook.

Any help would be appreciated.
FWIW, opposite problem. I don't understand why native Windows 8 apps (Contacts, Mail, Calendar) insist on using ActiveSync - which we don't have enabled - when Outlook uses EWS - which we do have enabled. It means that I have to double up on everything (Outlook) and use Gsyncit on my headless work desktop to get calendar appointments through. Intensely frustrating.

Telstar1948

I thought it was just me with MS syncing of things, but I bought a Galaxy Note 3. I ended up dumping Outlook 2013 and getting eM Client to replace it. All my contacts, calendar etc sync with eM Client with no problems so I have synced information on my SP3 and my N3 with no issues.

Just tried eM client and it's pretty, but not MUI and Outlook does everything it does and more. I'd rather the native MUI Windows clients did all this without having to install desktop versions.

Telstar1948

Desktop Outlook 2013 just wouldn't sync everything with my Note4 phone. It's "supposed" to when you link your MS account with your Google account...but...mine did not, and I couldn't get it to do it no matter what. That's why I left Outlook 2013 because I needed it to sync properly with my Note4 phone. eM Client syncs contacts, calendar etc with no problems.