What's new

Current Setup of my Surface Pro X and Surface DUO

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Surface Pro X and Surface DUO, and yes, the Pro X is driving two 4K monitors, the new keyboard and mouse is the MS Designer Mobile and MS Mobile Mouse...the little guy on the desk is Vector (Cloud AI Driven Companion Robot)

y4m7aHgU_DefQbIGD3YNZafZLgHYf_RVIpkzym7-sakjLGKzpDY1IalQW2QqyfuFcvHJqqNkHL9jnc6aX6f_5qZSYxuYVBE-hTEX8MG-5B49AcbPcwFHN5tMF6y9v-Ss6thBl4BVby4L6NGACF5sfEiPULN0mPESvVz5jGw5dPcR41T928TlkFngD8C3t05owzE

y4mK7TXI8XBk1Sb39RSrm-RK-Y_CQOmWV9AXthd7Was5py8657vvXB90iPj3b2-z_Vj-Wf0-A_QavhBdHlRYND8Tk4UJmcfPlRp8us4r6fYBjxgR7l7wxHWusiBMefk3rlzIBNL_xC6BaCqmloWox7DLbV8WCFur9lQm4wbBKGrjm8v0VskjvtWc7YlTg_oMcOr

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
So what do you think of the ProX?
I use mine as a tablet 99% of the time. The only time I connect the keyboard is if something doesn't work right with touch or I'm using Excel.

I'm pretty happy with the X overall. I really wish they'd put some effort into improving Tablet Mode, there's a lot that "could" be done. My biggest gripe at the moment is, with Edge having then "X" permanently active because it's a challenge handling the device with slim borders and poor edge rejection I accidentally tough the upper right corner and BAM all Tabs are closed immediately. GRRR It's disappointing that EDGE doesn't honor the standard of swipe down to expose the "X", that would fix my main issue. Next, edge rejection must be improved on this slim border device.

OP
jnjroach

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
So what do you think of the ProX?
I use mine as a tablet 99% of the time. The only time I connect the keyboard is if something doesn't work right with touch or I'm using Excel.

I'm pretty happy with the X overall. I really wish they'd put some effort into improving Tablet Mode, there's a lot that "could" be done. My biggest gripe at the moment is, with Edge having then "X" permanently active because it's a challenge handling the device with slim borders and poor edge rejection I accidentally tough the upper right corner and BAM all Tabs are closed immediately. GRRR It's disappointing that EDGE doesn't honor the standard of swipe down to expose the "X", that would fix my main issue. Next, edge rejection must be improved on this slim border device.
I use the Pro X as my main driver, docked as you see in the photo and as a tablet. I agree that Tablet Mode needs help, they need to port over some of the Edge for Android features and that would improve it vastly as a touch enabled browser.

My understanding is in the UI refresh they will be addressing the Tablet Usability...

kojack

Just re-read this one, Your X is powering 2 4k monitors? that's pretty impressive considering you have to jump through rings of fire to get a new M1 to do that. I love the X, it's a deadly machine.