What's new

Cursor jumping around on Word 2013

cafutter

I am not sure if this a hardware (Surface) problem or a software (MS WORD) problem. I have the Pro 128 and have MS Office 2013. As I am typing I find the cursor has jumped to elsewhere in the table or outside the table on the same page. I will admit I am not the most accurate typist, but I don't think I am that bad. Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon?
Thanks,

ArnoldC

I use Word 2013 RT and Word 2013, and I have not experienced it once, yet. Knock on Word (sic).

HD_Dude

I am not sure if this a hardware (Surface) problem or a software (MS WORD) problem. I have the Pro 128 and have MS Office 2013. As I am typing I find the cursor has jumped to elsewhere in the table or outside the table on the same page. I will admit I am not the most accurate typist, but I don't think I am that bad. Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon?
Thanks,

I had the same problem with an XPS 15. Turned out to be the Logitech mouse. It was old. Replaced it? Never again a problem.

Mr.NK

Super Moderator
If you're suing the type-cover you're not alone with this bug - sometimes the trackpad seems very sensitive to everything near, so a part of you hand is causing the move by only being near to the field. It did happen a lot to me, but since a month or so it wasn't a problem anymore (and i'm typing regularly over long hours).

Nuspieds

If you're suing the type-cover you're not alone with this bug - sometimes the trackpad seems very sensitive to everything near, so a part of you hand is causing the move by only being near to the field. It did happen a lot to me, but since a month or so it wasn't a problem anymore (and i'm typing regularly over long hours).
In my case, the situation was so bad that I decided to disable the trackpad altogether. It was just wreaking havoc!

The good thing is that at least I was able to disable it. Thank goodness for that feature.

OP
C

cafutter

In my case, the situation was so bad that I decided to disable the trackpad altogether. It was just wreaking havoc!

The good thing is that at least I was able to disable it. Thank goodness for that feature.

Thanks for the responses.
I am glad to know I am not alone.
Is there a way to reduce the sensitivity of the trackpad?

Nuspieds

Thanks for the responses.
I am glad to know I am not alone.
Is there a way to reduce the sensitivity of the trackpad?
I'm not aware, but it certainly would be an interesting feature.

The configuration in the app only allows you to enable or disable it.

Intangir

I had this problem too.I disabled the click feature on the touchpad and it fixed it. I never liked that feature anyway, seeing as there are physical buttons right below the tra anyway lol