What's new

DecalGirl Installed and Impressions

iDatus

Thanks for sharing, interesting watch. Looks good and well made.
Obvious questions
1) if you want to change it to a different design what's it like to remove
2) I think sp3 using the case for some cooling properties so wondering if it sweats it more?

ctitanic

Nice review but... the music sometimes is so loud that I can't hear what are you saying.

How hard is to remove it? because tome that decrease the resale value or make it harder to resale.

OP
CustomSurfaceP2
Sorry about the music, I'll make sure it isnt too loud next time, I was too lazy to re-edit hehe.... To answer your questions...

1) if you want to change it to a different design what's it like to remove
- Very simple to remove, it doesn't leave any residues on the device.
2) I think sp3 using the case for some cooling properties so wondering if it sweats it more?
- There's no reduction in cooling, my SP3 doesn't run any cooler or hotter due to the decal.

fonzman78

Nice review but... the music sometimes is so loud that I can't hear what are you saying.

How hard is to remove it? because tome that decrease the resale value or make it harder to resale.

I had one of these on my SPro2 and my RT still has one. They work great to protect the Surface on front and back . They didn't have anything for the sides but it looks like they do now which is nice as I will probably use them vs the other skin option. I went with DecalGirl because they have many, many different choices. They also provide a Windows wallpaper you can set as your background that lines up perfectly with the skin. Some of you may recall my Skull skin I was using.

But I digress, to your specific question, Yes they come off easily. Very easily. When I sold my SPro2, I just peeled it off. There was no residue or anything left behind other than a nice brand new looking SPro2.

I would highly recommend using DecalGirl skins to protect your Surface.

malberttoo

I was seriously considering getting some of these skins, but in the end, I just couldn't bear to cover up "Surface" on the kickstand!

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just got a decalgirl skin for my SP3.. I like it a lot. I went for a rather tame white one with a daisy on it.

I ordered from the UK via Ebay, it came really quick, easy to fit too no bubbles or hassle. I love the look but it does cover up the "surface" logo... :-(